The guitar brand you always come back to…

Charvel, especially the late 80s/early 90s japanese models. Back in 80s when I started to play guitar it seemed like everyone was playing Jackson/Charvels, and the japanese ones were accessible and available, and even some local bands had them. Model 2 with licensed Floyd, bridge humbucker and just the volume was cool then, and it still is.

I have two BC Rich's that have never left the pony farm since new in the 80s, but I'm a
iu

all the way.

Ibanez and Caparison for me.
I've never not had at least 1 Ibanez since 1987, but I've gone long stretches without playing them and when I pick em up again, just feels like home.

Caparison's, I had a few years and years ago while looking for a cheaper (used) Jackson type. Never jelled, sold them, but then tried the Horus on a whim and fell in love. I now own 4 Caparison Horus's.

I guess runner-up would be Skervesen. I've had 4 builds through them, specifically the 4AP model, love the shape and feel.

Gibson Les Paul Customs. I own 5 Les Paul’s and one super strat.

I do want an ESP MIII some day.

I've tried and liked a whole bunch of different brands over the years, but in the end I could do without all of them as long as I have my Gibson SGs.

For me it is Ibanez. I started playing at around 8 years old. My first guitar that I bought with my own $$$ was an Ibanez Roadstar II. I used that almost all the way through high school and wore it out! Continued through the years with a few more Ibby's then some Fender, some Gibson, Ernie Ball for a while, Charvel, PRS and finally back with Ibanez once again and staying that way.

Many have come and gone over the years but I find myself missing Caparison when I don’t have one.

it’ll be 20 years this coming new year since I bought my first Caparison and I just picked up my 20th one... So, i guess my lucky number is 20 this year.

Attachments

• 6502B953-A24D-468F-B0CC-94BAEBBAF3A3.jpeg
    6502B953-A24D-468F-B0CC-94BAEBBAF3A3.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 44
H
Charvel, especially the late 80s/early 90s japanese models. Back in 80s when I started to play guitar it seemed like everyone was playing Jackson/Charvels, and the japanese ones were accessible and available, and even some local bands had them. Model 2 with licensed Floyd, bridge humbucker and just the volume was cool then, and it still is.
Had 2 model 2s back in 80s. Black then sold it for a white one. Miss those fuckers.

Ibanez.

Also like Jackson, but if I had to choose one brand, it would be Ibanez.

My most versatile Ibanez is my Q52 (would be better with a trem).

My favorite Ibanez is my PS10, my PS120 for #2, then my pair of PS60 for #3

Back