Reason I can't message users on RT?

Faldoe

I wanted to contact a forum member about some amp modding info but I see no option when I click on their profile to message them. Same with any other random forum member I click on. I had PMs /convos in my messages from years ago - I haven't been on in quite some time - so I know I've messaged before. Any help would be much appreciated!

OP is good.

mesa4x12re needs 26 more posts to get to the required 50 minimum that's designed to weed out bots and thieves.

Welcome back @mesa4x12er :yes: I have a Mesa Traditional angled 4x12 with C30's or whatever they are called (Mesa branded Vintage 30s)

I understand why forums do this, but as someone who couldn't remember their ancient Rig-Talk login (likely connected to an email long gone), it's a bit frustrating! It keeps out the bots, but it can promote spam if new users feel they have to get over a 50 post hurdle to unlock a basic functionality of the forum. Even when taking the time to write quality posts and participate in threads authentically, it feels like you're burdening the forum a bit by posting too much, considering how quiet it can be around here these days.

Glad to see the community is still kicking, however.

It keeps out the bots...
It doesn't.

... but it can promote spam if new users feel they have to get over a 50 post hurdle to unlock a basic functionality of the forum.
Generally they do their best not to spam their way to 50.

The idea of a new account's getting to know the existing member base is far more important than the inconvenience of a little "faux" spamming.

Welcome back to the forum mate! :cheers:

It doesn't.

Generally they do their best not to spam their way to 50.

The idea of a new account's getting to know the existing member base is far more important than the inconvenience of a little "faux" spamming.

Welcome back to the forum mate! :cheers:

Hah, no kidding--thank you for your service! As you say, better to deal with some compromises to keep these communities up and running.

Back