Where can a buy a headshell for an amp?

Need a headshell for a VHT Pitbull. Assuming Fryette doesnt reply where else can I go?

I'm aware of Moon....and I spoke with V Boutique but he wont drill the holes for the chassis.

Any other options out there?

For around 250$ I got a JCM 800 bare wood hs shipped out of Cali on eBay. For a 4211 chassis that now sits upside down in it. I stained it black.
For a proper tolexed HS, maybe mojotone would do it with the right dimensions?

I've made a couple dozen headshells, and I wouldn't drill chassis mounting holes either. Too much room for error without having the actual chassis.

Talk to Reggie at Rawcabs on Ebay.

He built a really nice one for my Ceriatone BE-50

41bIYjn.jpg

Slight hijack. What's the secret for drilling a head shell when you have the chassis, but the mounting holes are on the inside of the chassis? Draw a stencil? When I did this for my DSL50 head shell from Sour Mash, it was an effing nightmare. With the older Marshalls, it's easy, as the mounting holes are on the outside of the chassis. I have another coming soon for my 4010 and I know it will be a headache.

Slight hijack. What's the secret for drilling a head shell when you have the chassis, but the mounting holes are on the inside of the chassis? Draw a stencil? When I did this for my DSL50 head shell from Sour Mash, it was an effing nightmare. With the older Marshalls, it's easy, as the mounting holes are on the outside of the chassis. I have another coming soon for my 4010 and I know it will be a headache.
A stencil would work, you could also try screwing the hardware in, putting grease on the screw head then setting the head in the shell. Then lift the head directly up and the grease marks should indicate where you need to drill.

I made a stencil from 24x36 grid paper.

Pain in the ass, but I couldn't come up with a better way to drill the holes from the bottom side in the exact 4 places.

I made a stencil from 24x36 grid paper.

Pain in the ass, but I couldn't come up with a better way to drill the holes from the bottom side in the exact 4 places.

You could use a right-angle drill to screw from the inside. I bought a cheap one at Walmart to drill the holes on an aftermarket headshell I got for my old Fortin Cali

I had to do this recently. The way I went about it was place the chassis in the shell and mark the center of the mount holes on the shell. Using a square I extended those lines from the inside to the outside of the shell. I don't have a right angle chuck to drill from the inside. From there I measured how far I wanted the chassis to sit back from the front plus the extra distance for the mount hole. After that it was on the drill press to drill a straight hole. Everything lined up perfectly.

Some notes on that process.
Measure everything a shit ton of times and when you think you got it measure at least once more.
If the shell is already covered put some blue painters tape on the tolex and make all your marks on that.
Clamp a sacrificial piece of wood on the shell where the drill bit will come out so you don't have any blowout.

The way I went about it was place the chassis in the shell and mark the center of the mount holes on the shell.
I'm not getting this. If I could mark the center of the mount holes, that's all I'd need. I have a flexible shaft to drill at 90 deg. The issue how to mark where I need to drill when the chassis holes are inside the chassis.

Back