Guitar World PDFs

Joshhall963

Hi Im trying to figure out how to contact the guy that had posted a real nice data dump of old guitar world magazines on here. Jim Ansell, i think is who it says was the original post. Anyway not sure if he or anyone else has a link to the google drive or any way to share those again. I would really appreciate it.

Jim posts here all the time, he will probably see this. Didin't you also post the crazy Vai 12 hour workouts back st HCAF?

I don't know what this data dump consisted of but I've several gigabytes of Guitar World PDFs from 1980 up to this year, so are you looking for anything in particular?

Edit:
Instead of sending a PM with that link to everyone who's asking I might as well post it here but I didn't have the time to go through it completely. Some issues are duplicates and I don't know how it differs from Jim's link because I don't know what he uploaded and this is what I've archived over the years until today. Size of my archive is 13-14 gb.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/3/folders/1miaZvthULGVfloQ93CjzBw6ATaAmAWOz

Last edited:
There’s a post on here about that actual date dump . I’d search it out . I do have every issue ever but it’s all physical

I don't know what this data dump consisted of but I've several gigabytes of Guitar World PDFs from 1980 up to this year, so are you looking for anything in particular?
I just want to be able to mainly access all the tabs,. I use the GW tab index and it would tell u which songs were in which issues. I do love when they were full issues too I've learned more from reading the columns in there than I have from regular lessons over the years. And Jim's link worked awesome but I hadn't used it in like a year now it says it doesn't work. So if u could share them on a Google drive or have some way for me to download them that would be great

I just want to be able to mainly access all the tabs,. I use the GW tab index and it would tell u which songs were in which issues. I do love when they were full issues too I've learned more from reading the columns in there than I have from regular lessons over the years. And Jim's link worked awesome but I hadn't used

I just want to be able to mainly access all the tabs,. I use the GW tab index and it would tell u which songs were in which issues. I do love when they were full issues too I've learned more from reading the columns in there than I have from regular lessons over the years. And Jim's link worked awesome but I hadn't used it in like a year now it says it doesn't work. So if u could share them on a Google drive or have some way for me to download them that would be great
I absolutely love guitar world . I even have an attic filled with every single issue and doubles of lots . You’re right about the columns . So good

I had boxes full of them .... from 84 ish up to early 90's .... my now ex wife talked me into throwing them away way back in 2000 or so ...
I always go full " nostalgia time " when Micheal Nielson busts his out ....

Anyway you can provide access to a google drive like Jim did so I can copy what you have or let me know how I can get what you have?

Back