Installation details here

This video was produced 10 years ago and there are some corrections I'd like to clarify, Floyd Rose has never made Steel sustain blocks, They are nickel coated Brass. The main plate John refrences is called a (Base plate), and the spring plate is called a (fine tuner tension plate) and the balance plate is called a (Tremolo block shim) which provides rigidity to the (Fine tuner tension plate). Some people take this (Tremolo block shim) out yet it is important to keep it in the install otherwise the fine tuners will not function properly. Also the web address @ the end is not stonetoneguitars.com any longer but currently is stonetoneproducts.com.

Unfortunately 1 year ago John Rainey passed away from Covid, he was a beautiful soul and his legacy will forever live on for all the friendship and support he has given me over the decades. R.I.P. John 🙏

What to expect after installation;

Increased attack, sustain for days, note articulation, note separation, even volume on each string, stronger signal output, increased vibration through the neck and body, the harmonic structure is greatly improved while the Lows get tight, the mids sizzle, & the highs have a nice chime so when you adjust the treble it doesn't break up and become harsh or brittle. Sweeps and arpeggios sound so much better. This block improves the full audio Spectrum

IMG_2517.jpeg

743394815759173.jpg

Here's a new 7-string Schecter came with a Floyd..
These wider spaced blocks work on the [FR Special 7-String] & [FR 1000 Series 7-String Bridge].

To clear this up the 1500 Series Tremolo is not discontinued. Schecter, Charvel and others continue to use it on new production runs. The 1500 Series is the 1000 Series Tremolo with stainless steel screws and push-in style arm as upgrades, whereas the rest of the parts (including the plate) are the exact same as the 1000 series. This bridge is, and always was, available only to OEM's and is not sold aftermarket. Hope this helps set the record straight.

I make the upgrade sustain block.
If you need it, I have it.

Last edited:
In the last 10 years I have had several odd situations where guitarists had tuning issues thinking it was related to the manufacturing of the block being flawed yet the problom was the person ordered the wrong size (too small) typically with custom builds not an exsisting factory guitar so picture 1 shows the block being way to low in comparison to where it should be level to the spring claw or higher even just a smidge for the springs to function properly, So to any of you wanting to cut in a floyd on any guitar that doesn't have a FR bridge keep this in mind for future builds, it'll save you a bunch of headaches..
IMG_5501.jpg
IMG_5513.jpg
In this case I had to make the biggest block to date in order to make this guitar stay in tune and work properly. A 52.50mm! So I can make any odd size you might need if necessary..

72714441746__B79A2BA2-3EC7-4DD3-994E-13F08C61A92B-preview.jpg

PhotoRoom_20240117_203607.JPG

Last edited:
Back