Which YJM solos do you struggle with?

I find little things here and there in his solos that are difficult to get "right"... those super fast runs on "your ships are burned".... those bends at the beginning of "soldier without faith", some diminished runs that come out of nowhere. Yngwie was crazy fast on the Alcatrazz albums. Plus he was using less gain. He was young and invincible and even he cant play like he did back then....

Ha! brilliant posts. No I totally get it because I can't listen to modern YJM for that reason. It's absolute garbage drivel. He's on auto pilot who cares what I play I'm awesome. I suspect that is what you hear here... just in what many would consider his "on" years. No shame in that. I can't listen to Polyphia. Dude with the tatted turtle neck is a dork and I hate that rythmic playing style...its woke!

I discovered 'Rising Force' in the late 90's when I was in high school, and was just blown away.

By any standards, when you listen to that record and try to comprehend that a 21 year old kid put that out, it's pretty ridiculous in every way.

Cramming is important to a guys style . That’s how you sound original . I love modern guitarists like Jason Richardson but every lick is same note every beat until the next lick . It’s actually not cool to do always
Yeah, everything in multiples of 3 or 4 can sound very robotic. Of course I do many things in multiples of those but interspersed with chaos.

A text from my buddy years ago. I mean I gotta give him some credit!

22ebbf77-f3ea-40ec-b42e-5b48a8af5d3e-zpsthbw3x36.png

The Alcatrazz live video from Japan is my favorite, he rips on that. Rising Force is great, never spent any time with the other stuff. Far Beyond the Sun is really the only one I ever worked on, that is the one to learn IMO….

I had the tab book for Trilogy back in middle school, and I got through “Fury” pretty well and then very small parts of “Trilogy Suite”. He has just really perfected his own style of alternate, economy, and small sweeping runs that give him since a distinct sound, it was hard to “learn” it, even with tabs.

"now your ships are burned" kills me

I can do a decent "black star" and a few others, but most of them are simply beyond my ability
That one always gave me fits.

Years ago when I was a kid with one guitar and a crappy amp, I had lots of free time, man I practiced a lot and could do pretty well with a lot of that album, but that solo was tough.

Now I have a room full of gear and can't play shit.

Yeah, everything in multiples of 3 or 4 can sound very robotic. Of course I do many things in multiples of those but interspersed with chaos.
It’s so bad atm . I love listening to these modern players but the never “just go for it “. Tosin does at times so he’s cool .

Truly a gifted player and innovative in that he brought the Mclaughlin/Dimeola style into a more rock oriented format. Mindblowing back in the 80's...had fire and passion in his playing then...today he just sounds recycled and like he doesn't really give a shit about it..almost like he's tired of it himself.
The one thing that has not changed is the ferocity that he attacks every note with.

The weirdest thing is the way his stage presence and his career almost mimics Blackmore's...jammed with Bonnet..then Turner...and now he bags all the singers that had to sing around his ego.

I discovered 'Rising Force' in the late 90's when I was in high school, and was just blown away.

By any standards, when you listen to that record and try to comprehend that a 21 year old kid put that out, it's pretty ridiculous in every way.

100% ..to me it is not far off from VH changing the game in 78. Yngwie changed a good section of it too. You can't tell me all these other guys weren't thinking holy shit this kid blazes.

I still love trying to play Yngwie solos. This guy is great to watch and jam to.

Around the 25 second mark is one of those licks that people can do, but no where near how fluid and well yngwie does it. The only person I’ve heard use it up to yngwies capabilities was Alexi Lahio. He uses that lick a few times on his live album and I immediately hear yngwie.

Back