BE-100 Deluxe vs PT100-SE

SFW

Ok... so I know that I've been asking a lot of amp questions lately, but I hope you will bare with me. As this is getting ready to be the most expensive amp purchase that I have ever made...:oops:

For those that have played both the PT100SE and the BE100 Deluxe... can you compare the two? I know that they are both modded Marshall flavored. My gut tells me that I should get the BE-100 Deluxe- as I think it will be better a "heavier" tones. However, it's hard to say, as Pete never really cranks the gain in his demos. So I'm not sure how heavy the PT100 will get. After five years of my Spawn Quickrod, I have discovered that my tonal happiness is firmly in the modded Marshall camp.

For reference this is the style I typically play in. (Hard Rock).. Though I would like to cover some classic rock type of tones as well.

And before anyone says get another Spawn... we'll just say for personal reasons, I have owned my last Spawn... and leave it at that.

I've had three PT-100's wanting to love them, but they aren't for me. For what I'm after (and it sounds like you're after) they're a little tubby in the lows for my tastes and there's a honk to the midrange that didn't work for me that I just couldn't dial out. Gorgeous clean tones, impeccably well built and I did enjoy the crunchier tones, but if you're after something similar to a Splawn, the PT100 isn't it (by design).

In the modded Marshall category I currently have a Quick Rod, a BE100 and a Wizard Modern Classic. You'd be able to get pretty close to Quick Rod with the BE-100 Deluxe, and also have a lot of sounds that a Splawn won't do. It'll just have a little more squish and the mids are a little different. If you're after an even punchier and bolder Splawn, a Wizard is tough to beat for that type of sound.

All that said, Pete did mention that there's a PT-50 in the works that will be more of a straight up Plexi circuit on the lead channel with the option of switching in some Jose style mods.

Last edited:
I had a be deluxe it can definitely get those tones especially on the HBE channel that you posted. The BE channel is equally fun. The plexi clean really rounds out this amp out.

Tried the PT, did not like it at all for my style, VH to Ozzy to Metallica to Pantera and heavier.

I currently own a BE 100 deluxe and it can cover all these tones, easily. Bit of EQ in the loop and whoahhh. Very, very versatile amp.

From the clips that I have heard the BE100 Deluxe is a more raw, less compressed bright pissed off version of the earlier versions BE100 and think it would fit your style just fine. But if you have any doubt about dropping that kid of coin make sure you play it and spend some quality time with it before you sign on the dotted line.

From the clips that I have heard the Headfirst Alta doesn't seem to be too much of a departure from the BE100 Deluxe at least to my ears.
Here is Blakes video of it........it is in the ballpark of your Splawn IMHO. IN HBE is 4 gains stages like your Splawn.

Last edited:
From the clips that I have heard the BE100 Deluxe is a more raw, less compressed bright pissed off version of the earlier versions BE100 and think it would fit your style just fine. But if you have any doubt about dropping that kid of coin make sure you play it and spend some quality time with it before you sign on the dotted line.

From the clips that I have heard the Headfirst Alta doesn't seem to be too much of a departure from the BE100 Deluxe at least to my ears.
Here is Blakes video of it........it is in the ballpark of your Splawn IMHO. IN HBE is 4 gains stages like your Splawn.

That’s my amp 👍

Thank you for the additional clips. I think the BE is definitely the better solution for me between those amps. My hack ass playing needs all the gain and compression that I can get my hands on. lol!

Thank you for the additional clips. I think the BE is definitely the better solution for me between those amps. My hack ass playing needs all the gain and compression that I can get my hands on. lol!
If you don't need all the bells and whistles, I'd strongly suggest a Bogner Helios.

If you don't need all the bells and whistles, I'd strongly suggest a Bogner Helios.
I want to like Bogner so bad. When I hear other people play them, they sound incredible. When I play them, they sound god awful. lol!

Back