Dave Mustaine on everything Gibson. Thoughts?

Dave has one at least because I saw him play it live when I saw Megadeath several months ago. I personally think the Kramer is way cooler than his Gibson V
Agreed! I was pretty interested when I saw a pic of the Kramer V on Trogly's YT channel. I hope it happens.

How’s his Dean shit still never played one ?
I started playing the guitar during the dean Era. Owned many actually. They were good quality and barley worth the new $2999 price tag for a USA made I guess. They weren’t amazing like KV1 or even Y2KV. After 2015 or so Dean company started becoming major trash. The company got lazy with designs and started slapping cheesy graphics on everything including USA models. Especially Dave models. The imports were outsourced from Korea to Indonesia which was incredibly shitty. I sold all my deans. All but 2 Dave USA’s. I’m thinking of selling them soon. Don’t care about them anymore. Jackson custom shop guitars is what I like and ESP Japan stuff is amazing.

Not sure about the LP, but I'm digging the new Epiphone and Kramer models. Think I might get one of each and keep the one I like more.

DM Body.jpg

DM Kramer Body.jpg

I recall Marty saying in an interview during their Jackson years that the pinnacle of heavy tone is a Les Paul through a Marshall, which to the best of my knowledge neither of them ever played that combo.

Obviously brand endorsements and image were also very important to them. No slight against Jackson, old King V's and Kelly's are awesome.
if Marty did say that then he was wrong haha ... Rock/Hard Rock tone then yes but metal? I can think of a shit ton of great tones that didn't need a les paul or a Marshall

He is a total asshole, no questions about that. I don't like listening to the guy on interviews either, he always comes off as a bitter know it all. Get over yourself buddy. Yeah you are tough and love your BJJ. Nobody gives a shit when you are a snarly 60 year old, we already have plenty of those people and nobody likes them.
if he was just a total asshole he wouldn't have been married for as long as he has been ... the small snippet we get to see through interviews and written words are 100% dependent on the person asking the questions. I think the Rogan interview is a great insight into Dave where he came across to me as very insecure and had the vibe that people are "out to get me so I am very defensive and i'll push back even if there is nothing there"

Back