Eric Steckel how many of you have checked him out

The Mezza’ ES is the best amp on the market
in the $4-5k range.
That amp is so good, I have to play it less due to it trumping the shit outta’ all my other amps.
That’s actually a legitimate issue.
Braintheory knows precisely what I mean.
The depth & sonic dimension of this amp
are what most amps lack due to concentration in the wrong places causing a flat/boring feel and vibe(especially after the honeymoon period)
Eric uses way too much compression & delay, but that’s his thing.
Why is he so bad ass?!!
Like EVH he can tickle the shit outta the ivory!!
He who runs the keys, runs the room.
He knows the cuts.
For me, and I dared to make this comment in one of his YT video’s,
Dude is top shelf but plays stock riffs way too much.
Much like the SRV song “Crossfire” with the big bouncy bass and drums up and busy, that’s NOT BLUES METAL my dude.
KK Downing “Living After Midnight”. that’s a great starting point for blues metal.
Btw, I actually hear and feel the old school Blueface V4’s, mixed with CCV range of ‘
punch-grunt-grind,mixed with a little Ocean, Aldrich & Dono 939..and a smidge of SLO
(the other model is better for the SLO vibe).
inside this amplifier everytime I bring it outta standby and the sound cascades the room.

The Mezza’ ES is the best amp on the market
in the $4-5k range.
That amp is so good, I have to play it less due to it trumping the shit outta’ all my other amps.
That’s actually a legitimate issue.
Braintheory knows precisely what I mean.
The depth & sonic dimension of this amp
are what most amps lack due to concentration in the wrong places causing a flat/boring feel and vibe(especially after the honeymoon period)
Eric uses way too much compression & delay, but that’s his thing.
Why is he so bad ass?!!
Like EVH he can tickle the shit outta the ivory!!
He who runs the keys, runs the room.
He knows the cuts.
For me, and I dared to make this comment in one of his YT video’s,
Dude is top shelf but plays stock riffs way too much.
Much like the SRV song “Crossfire” with the big bouncy bass and drums up and busy, that’s NOT BLUES METAL my dude.
KK Downing “Living After Midnight”. that’s a great starting point for blues metal.
Btw, I actually hear and feel the old school Blueface V4’s, mixed with CCV range of ‘
punch-grunt-grind,mixed with a little Ocean, Aldrich & Dono 939..and a smidge of SLO
(the other model is better for the SLO vibe).
inside this amplifier everytime I bring it outta standby and the sound cascades the room.
Sorry, just got a kick out of the only amp you misspelled is your user. “Hey man, what’s my user, I dono”

Honestly, we haven’t seen the best from him yet.
Something big is coming at somepoint.
Like a bad ass supergroup kinda’ thing.
as well as some #1 songs.
He’s to passionate & talented for it not to happen.
I do really dig his song Juke Joint,especially the live cuts.
Dude is an OG in the BEAST MODE ULTRA squad.

One more super cool thing about him as a guitar player.., he runs everything full tilt and on 10.
Few mortal monsters can successfully run amplifiers like that with any sort of consistency unless?
What’s he running THREE amps full tilt here?
That’s probably actually what a beast like him needs.
They are part of the OG BMUJKS.
WTF?
Beast Mode Ultra Jedi Knight Squad.
Seriously, think of the player’s that run their amps like that, that we know of?
All adjuster’s dimed.
F’n WIZARDS.
Legends.

Good player but a shadow of a player compared to guys like Gary Moore, Eric Gales, Andy Wood, Andy Timmons, Richie Kotzen, Lukather, ywngie and a bunch of others.

Good player but a shadow of a player compared to guys like Gary Moore, Eric Gales, Andy Wood, Andy Timmons, Richie Kotzen, Lukather, ywngie and a bunch of others.
Agree. Plays a few blues licks....insert a harmonic squeal.....rince, repeat.
IMO, Gales turned into a real POS. Absolute worst tone thru SS junk, his wife on bongos, and a 25 minute sermon between each song.

its interesting to me how much complaining there is about there being no good new music and people asking where the good new players are, but then a newer guy like this gets posted and and is usually bashed by the majority, compared to 1985 and dismissed off one clip lol

Agree. Plays a few blues licks....insert a harmonic squeal.....rince, repeat.
IMO, Gales turned into a real POS. Absolute worst tone thru SS junk, his wife on bongos, and a 25 minute sermon between each song.
I prefer pre sober Gales. 1995 with Shawn Lane is killer. So much fire back then.

its interesting to me how much complaining there is about there being no good new music and people asking where the good new players are, but then a newer guy like this gets posted and and is usually bashed by the majority, compared to 1985 and dismissed off one clip lol
Well doesn’t that support that there’s no good new music…lol

Cracked myself up, as when I typed the above my finger hit the j instead of the n and it said “no Jew music.” Considering what’s going right now I couldn’t have asked for a more amusing mishap…😂

The way the candy pickups interact with the Mezzabarba is amazing the tone. And yeah he’s tearing it up

These pickups rule. I think he makes them sound a little congested. Maybe he has so much gain dialed in like usual that the pickups lose their clarity? I loved the tightness and clarity of the candy pickups when I had them.

Honestly, we haven’t seen the best from him yet.
Something big is coming at somepoint.
Like a bad ass supergroup kinda’ thing.
as well as some #1 songs.
He’s to passionate & talented for it not to happen.
I do really dig his song Juke Joint,especially the live cuts.
Dude is an OG in the BEAST MODE ULTRA squad.

Number 1 on modern blues charts or number 1, number 1?

I like the first couple minutes of this, he refrains from going berserk and plays some tasteful slower stuff.

Cracked myself up, as when I typed the above my finger hit the j instead of the n and it said “no Jew music.” Considering what’s going right now I couldn’t have asked for a more amusing mishap…😂
giphy.gif

i think its more the unwavering nostalgic mindset of this forum than lack of good new music. ive been listening to this guy last few days and im not sure how one can say hes not a great guitar player. i cant believe if people heard some of his songs thinking it was 1985 guy it wouldnt be praised as "thats why hes a legend" or "what a return to form" for one of the many that cant seem to play anymore, and its like that for a lot of guys i see posted. guys of yesteryear though release one laughably bad album after another and guys still just eat it up and its silly to my asshole mind lol

i think its more the unwavering nostalgic mindset of this forum than lack of good new music. ive been listening to this guy last few days and im not sure how one can say hes not a great guitar player. i cant believe if people heard some of his songs thinking it was 1985 guy it wouldnt be praised as "thats why hes a legend" or "what a return to form" for one of the many that cant seem to play anymore, and its like that for a lot of guys i see posted. guys of yesteryear though release one laughably bad album after another and guys still just eat it up and its silly to my asshole mind lol
I don't think anyone here is arguing how good of a player he is. In fact, I think he's a better player than the vast majority of '80's guys that most guys on here worship. They were saying "there's no good new music", NOT that "there's no good new players" (there are plenty). Steckel doesn't seem to have imo that good or memorial musical ideas in his clips. That's why I said in my previous post that someone else should write the music and he'll play it with his chops. That's how things mostly are done in my world of classical guitar (playing & composing get separated, so both can be higher quality and specialized). I don't think those "guitar heroes" of the '80's really were any better with the musical content in their leads (was mostly trash imho) other than some exceptions like Rhoads or Friedman, but at least they had good riffs

Last edited:
Back