Bad Cat releases new amps, and they sound good

mooncobra

I really like the Black Cat tones at the end of the video. I wonder how these feel when playing? I had a hot cat a long time ago and it had a lot of sag when playing, very chewy feel. I prefer a tighter feel with quicker attack. I wonder how these new amps feel?

I really like the Black Cat tones at the end of the video. I wonder how these feel when playing? I had a hot cat a long time ago and it had a lot of sag when playing, very chewy feel. I prefer a tighter feel with quicker attack. I wonder how these new amps feel?

I saw this last week and was surprised nobody commented.,

I think they sound really good. I was surprised. I don’t associate the brand with higher gain tones, but these seem to pull off some heavier tones easily. I’m impressed.

Hard to tell from a video, but they sound kinda squishy, which I actually prefer as long as it doesn’t go too far into the mush zone.

I thought the BHG clip sounds very muddy and woolly compared to the other clips out there. If I had to go by this I wouldn’t buy one. On the other hand this clip sounds great. I love the chime and this dude’s a killer player

I thought the BHG clip sounds very muddy and woolly compared to the other clips out there. If I had to go by this I wouldn’t buy one. On the other hand this clip sounds great. I love the chime and this dude’s a killer player

I always liked matchless and bad cat for their clean tones and disregarded any sort of gain or high gain after I owned the hot cat. They sure do get some great chimey clean tones.

That's an interesting demo song in the intro. I like it. Not the typical sort of tune you'd hear from someone doing a gear review.

As far as the amps go, they sound like they're probably very squishy and wooly and fuzzy, which is typical of Bad Cat based on my experience owning a Hot Car 30R and playing a bunch of others. I mean... most of their amps were Class A, so I bet that approach to high-gain sounds has carried over to the new ones, even if Class A/B.

Their timbre is nice. They have a pleasant tonality. But they are generally pretty loose and vibey. Porcupine Tree is a good example of their higher gain sounds.

Last edited:
Back