Badlander 25

That sounds pretty less than stellar. I'm not a fan of EL84s either. I think the only builder that's been able to really pull off great high gain tones from them is Friedman. At least from the ones I have tried. The 6505MH is pretty good as well FWIW

Christ that sounds awful… big fan of the 100w, but it has a handful of terrible demos as well. Seems like a difficult to capture or something but I’ve been running mine since they came out.

The Badlander is an amp that I didn't get, but the more I play it with different speaker cabs I really enjoy it. EQ settings can be a little tricky when being used to the regular Recto EQ, sounds like ass in Don's demo for Sweetwater. Even the cabclone sounded better which usually isn't the case.

i think i saw one badlander demo that sounded good and the rest are just terrible, like really terrible. the guys that do own them though say they enjoy them :dunno:

I don't care for el84. I hope it sounds better than the mini recto

Can't figure out why they can't make big bottle 25 watters. I guess the same can be said for Friedman. Marshall does it, Bogner does it, PRS does it, Engl does it.

Don't all Mesa combos sound like shit and boxy? They need a proper cab to sound their best. Put that thing through a 4x12 and I bet it sounds decent.

Christ that sounds awful… big fan of the 100w, but it has a handful of terrible demos as well. Seems like a difficult to capture or something but I’ve been running mine since they came out.
Killertone has amazing metal clip of badlander . And Blake did the amazing rock clip of badlander.

I have one coming this week to do a demo of. Will report back on my thoughts when I get it.

I'm still loving my Badlander 50. Every time I plug in it's just instant joy for me. Boosted crunch channel and a paramtric EQ in the loop solves pretty muh any issue I have with it, I.E. slightly boxy low mids and lack of the lower frequencies.

Will also compare the 25 to the 50 if anyone is interested. There were some pretty significant differences between the mini rec and the big boi. I feel like it mostly came to the low end frequencies. Might be a little different here with the BL already being a pretty lean amp

super interested in the 25 vs 50 comparison. I got a 100w but if the 25 can pull of similar tones at low volume, I might be interested in it for a home recording amp. I'm mostly playing plugins at home lately but would like to step away from the computer sometimes.

Back