This Looks like An Awesome Piece Of Gear !

Interesting EQ though......being designed around the Pultec. I think the magic of the Pultec in the studio is after the amps distortion and not so much before the amp but it's still a cool concept!:unsure::2thumbsup:

In reference to the subject of eyeballs..................

Exactly. Waste of money.

I have some Origin Effects compressors that I use for bass. I've sold them off I think twice trying to recoup money and just use something cheaper, but I end up buying them again because they just sound so much better to me.

So I do think Origin Effects makes great stuff. Expensive though.

Lotta mates can't handle the bants these days. Hate to see it.
I just don’t like it, has nothing to do with being able to handle it or not. I come her to discuss gear and generally stay out of the bashing of other musicians thread ps and the off topic section all together. When it’s started as a gear thread and goes into butthurt about how someone chooses to make a living and then politics too.

I mean in this case, I was not even aware of that Eq as a thing in recording, we could be talking about what artists used it and how it really impacted the sound.

I just don’t like it, has nothing to do with being able to handle it or not. I come her to discuss gear and generally stay out of the bashing of other musicians thread ps and the off topic section all together. When it’s started as a gear thread and goes into butthurt about how someone chooses to make a living and then politics too.

I mean in this case, I was not even aware of that Eq as a thing in recording, we could be talking about what artists used it and how it really impacted the sound.
The Pultec EQs play a big part in the early Van Halen guitar sound.

Pultecs are pretty standard in studios for mixing, i use the plug-in a lot, I’ve never seen one used as a boost though

Back