cheap ass vibe.....

i got that danelctro pedal a while ago cause it has the lightbulb in it but i havent tried it yet lol
Photocell vibes do sound more natural and lush for sure. On that note, Danelectro makes some bad ass pedals. The fish n chips and french toast are some of my favorite pedals I own. That vibe sounded pretty legit too.

Ah...the vibe. See it starts out like this, not alot dough, next thing you know you're selling crack because you've gone down the vibe rabbit hole of an avalanche of pedals and dollars lol.

What kind of crack are we talking......the addictive, can't live without it, "leaves you begging for more" type.......or the drug? :ROFLMAO:

Ah...the vibe. See it starts out like this, not alot dough, next thing you know you're selling crack because you've gone down the vibe rabbit hole of an avalanche of pedals and dollars lol.
You’re not kidding. I just dropped $1600 on a real 1967 Unvivibe on Reverb. I’ve had a Dunlop Rotovibe years ago, then a Fulltone Deja Vibe, not I just said fuck it and bit the bullet.

You’re not kidding. I just dropped $1600 on a real 1967 Unvivibe on Reverb. I’ve had a Dunlop Rotovibe years ago, then a Fulltone Deja Vibe, not I just said fuck it and bit the bullet.
Damn, that's committed.

Lots of great new one's out there - for the traditional build you have the RWeaver FX, the Sir Henry, Gypsy, Sabbadius, etc... I've owned a Sir Henry and it's extremely nice.

For a smaller footprint but keeping traditional in terms of build you've got the Kingtone 1968 (I currently own this), Klinger 69 (owned it), Sabbadius Tiny Vibe, Drybell (owned it), Vibe Bro 2 (owned it), Jam Retro (owned it), Mojo Vibe (owned it/no longer made), Klinger 69 (owned it - should have kept it), JHS Unicorn, FoxRow Aqua and so many more including the Fulltone stuff.

It's a rabbit hole for sure...currently I have three the Kingtone 1968, the Roger Mayer Voodoo TC and a modded by JHS Micro Vibe. The Micro sits on my main board the Kingtone on my smaller board. Whatever JHS did to that Micro, I don't know but it sounds incredible, way better than the stock version. Space has always been my biggest limitation - if it wasn't I would have kept the Sir Henry.

And I'm searching around for some more - about to give the Sabbadius Tiny Vibe a try and I may try the Formula Vintage Vibe MkII, almost bought that last week and BMF's new vibe. TruFi also has a Ghost Vibe that I'm thinking of giving a go and then the Horrithia Berkeley as well. The Berkeley looks amazing but it's a photo cell and not a true bulb and the cost is rather high. Still my Mayer Voodoo TC uses the photo cells and it's amazing.

Good luck on the real deal.

Last edited:
i’m never gonna be accused of spending too much for a vibe! just like a flanger or phaser i enjoy the sound but not gonna die without a true blue dedicated boutique analog one.

had that dano and the tuna melt trem—both great for the $19 each i spent. upgraded to a boss v-wah with a rotary/vibe setting i used.

my latest dabble was a tc viscous vibe combined with a eh small clone. throbby!

you guys need to try my Kwai Vibe Cain ..... super tweakable photo cell vibe .... you can pretty much control any parameter with it .... mix ... offset ... etc . The LED ring around the stomp mimics the photocell inside ..... blinks with the same speed ... and gets brighter or duller ...
No need to go down a rabbit hole ... just get one that does it all ...

Attachments

• 20221124_082007.jpg
    20221124_082007.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • 20221124_082256.jpg
    20221124_082256.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 20221124_082332.jpg
    20221124_082332.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 26
you guys need to try my Kwai Vibe Cain ..... super tweakable photo cell vibe .... you can pretty much control any parameter with it .... mix ... offset ... etc . The LED ring around the stomp mimics the photocell inside ..... blinks with the same speed ... and gets brighter or duller ...
No need to go down a rabbit hole ... just get one that does it all ...
I will have one.

Damn, that's committed.

Lots of great new one's out there - for the traditional build you have the RWeaver FX, the Sir Henry, Gypsy, Sabbadius, etc... I've owned a Sir Henry and it's extremely nice.

For a smaller footprint but keeping traditional in terms of build you've got the Kingtone 1968 (I currently own this), Klinger 69 (owned it), Sabbadius Tiny Vibe, Drybell (owned it), Vibe Bro 2 (owned it), Jam Retro (owned it), Mojo Vibe (owned it/no longer made), Klinger 69 (owned it - should have kept it), JHS Unicorn, FoxRow Aqua and so many more including the Fulltone stuff.

It's a rabbit hole for sure...currently I have three the Kingtone 1968, the Roger Mayer Voodoo TC and a modded by JHS Micro Vibe. The Micro sits on my main board the Kingtone on my smaller board. Whatever JHS did to that Micro, I don't know but it sounds incredible, way better than the stock version. Space has always been my biggest limitation - if it wasn't I would have kept the Sir Henry.

And I'm searching around for some more - about to give the Sabbadius Tiny Vibe a try and I may try the Formula Vintage Vibe MkII, almost bought that last week and BMF's new vibe. TruFi also has a Ghost Vibe that I'm thinking of giving a go and then the Horrithia Berkeley as well. The Berkeley looks amazing but it's a photo cell and not a true bulb and the cost is rather high. Still my Mayer Voodoo TC uses the photo cells and it's amazing.

There are some YT clips of Randy Hansen using the Sabbadius Tiny Vibe. If you're going for the Hendrix/ Trower Vibe sounds, that is it. I got this Limited Edition Sabbadius and it's awesome.

1669303719835.png

From the "not a cheap ass vibe dept"..... After having an OG Deja Vibe, then a Mini Deja Vibe that I hung onto, I ended up with this one that's freaking amazing, Drybell Vibe Unit V.2, has a small footprint and an outboard ramp up / down switch you can use:

BTW this guy Mike Hermans has some fantastic no bullshit pedal demos, Vibe Unit V.2:

A69FB137-AA78-4F93-BF01-141A19211092.jpeg

From the "not a cheap ass vibe dept"..... After having an OG Deja Vibe, then a Mini Deja Vibe that I hung onto, I ended up with this one that's freaking amazing, Drybell Vibe Unit V.2, has a small footprint and an outboard ramp up / down switch you can use:

BTW this guy Mike Hermans has some fantastic no bullshit pedal demos, Vibe Unit V.2:

View attachment 146635

I had the Vibe Machine 2, unfortunately I started messing with the all the trim pots and could never get it back, even marked them. None the less it's a great unit. Btw/ that Dyno is a really underrated pedal. Used that for quite a bit for my Rotary. Eventually it got bumped for the Neo Micro Vent but I sorta like the Rotary on the Keeley better. Only reason I haven't gone back to it is I can ramp up and down on the Neo.

Back