New LINE 6 HELIX day?!? *jcm800!added*

VESmedic

Picked up the native version for a stupid 200 bucks, you literally can’t get anywhere close to what this modeler can do for 200 freakin dollars. Absolutely a no brainer: anyways, here’s an Uberschall clip, all stock everything

Horizon drive
Uberschall
Uber cab V30/T75 57/421 mix

Sounds pretty slamming to me so far! The ending palm mutes sound way sick here.

https://on.soundcloud.com/ZMqFhYGvrCucyVq87

Jcm800, tc preamp

https://on.soundcloud.com/sJ61ZBnEuWbThdj99

Last edited:
Picked up the native version for a stupid 200 bucks, you literally can’t get anywhere close to what this modeler can do for 200 freakin dollars. Absolutely a no brainer: anyways, here’s an Uberschall clip, all stock everything

Horizon drive
Uberschall
Uber cab V30/T75 57/421 mix

Sounds pretty slamming to me so far! The ending palm mutes sound way sick here.

https://on.soundcloud.com/ZMqFhYGvrCucyVq87
dumb question.....what is the native version? software?

Big fan of it here, even as a general production tool it’s amazing to have in your collection. I really rate their amp modelling (consistently able to match tones to my real amps) but even just for the number of cool fx it’s such a good deal. I use the fx a lot for production stuff and layering.

Also been getting a ton of use out of their bass amps and cabs. They are owned by the same company that owns Ampeg and they coded the Ampeg software stuff (the ampeg software is actually the Helix code with a GUI).

Jeezus!!! Agreed - how do you ever spend $200.00 better than that?? People who rip on the Line 6 / Helix have never taken the time to sit down and really dial one one. Use warm mosfet power (or preferably tube…) and feed your favorite closed back 4x12 and the Helix can earn a lot of believers.

Yes, native is just the plugin form of the hardware. Same exact algorithm as the hardware version. The exact same thing. Great way to get a helix for insanely cheap.

interesting, didnt know this was a thing. i might have to check this out for amps im not gonna really buy like the uberschall

interesting, didnt know this was a thing. i might have to check this out for amps im not gonna really buy like the uberschall

It’s pretty great. Literally everything a 1000 dollar floor model helix has in it for 200 bucks, it’s usually 400. Hell it’s even better actually because you won’t run out of dsp as quick as you would in the helix hardware.

Jeezus!!! Agreed - how do you ever spend $200.00 better than that?? People who rip on the Line 6 / Helix have never taken the time to sit down and really dial one one. Use warm mosfet power (or preferably tube…) and feed your favorite closed back 4x12 and the Helix can earn a lot of believers.

It’s pretty wild. Nothing comes close to this for a lot more than 200 bucks. I agree with @easstudios as well about his Friedman patches: they are dead freakin on in feel and tone to the real thing. I mean dead on. I couldn’t believe how well they got the feel especially, as anyone who has played that amp knows it’s very addicting in the feel and unique as well.

Reactions: PDC
This is probably my favorite Line 6 clip to date. I've always thought Line 6's take on the Uber was the best they had to offer, going back to the Pod X3 and Uber Metal pedal. As much as I like that sound, this is much more defined and amp-like.

This is probably my favorite Line 6 clip to date. I've always thought Line 6's take on the Uber was the best they had to offer, going back to the Pod X3 and Uber Metal pedal. As much as I like that sound, this is much more defined and amp-like.

They really nailed it I think with this one. I gotta make a Friedman clip for you guys, it’s blowing my mind how good they got it.

The 3.5 update that came out earlier this month took a great product and made it significantly better. Helix is the single best piece of gear I’ve ever owned.

This clip was with the stock cabs as I said in 3.5, that should tell everyone everything they need to know right there! The cab section is great, external IR’s will always have their place and purpose, but I’d bet money a lot of people won’t see the need for it with how good these sound.

My buddy has a Rev Green Uberschall - I couldn’t believe how close and easily I could match his tone with Helix. They really did a killer job with that amp and getting its quirks:

Sounds buzzy and solid-statish with no low-end. To my ears anyway. Maybe I wouldn't like a real Uber, I never owned one. On your Soundcloud, the clip named "5153 dunne IR fredman" sounds 10 times better and more real though I would have eq-ed differently for my own taste.

Sounds buzzy and solid-statish with no low-end. To my ears anyway. Maybe I wouldn't like a real Uber, I never owned one. On your Soundcloud, the clip named "5153 dunne IR fredman" sounds 10 times better and more real though I would have eq-ed differently for my own taste.

That is my real 5153 with one of Jeff dunnes IR’s, yes real amps. There was absolutely no eq on that though, that’s why it’s so bass heavy, I put it up there for a buddy of mine but yes his IR’s sounds great.

The Uber’s low end is finnicky, it sits super low compared to a recto: and I prefer a recto for this type of tone. Nevertheless, the top end on this is about damn near spot on of an Uber, so you may just not dig the amp.

That is my real 5153 with one of Jeff dunnes IR’s, yes real amps. There was absolutely no eq on that though, that’s why it’s so bass heavy, I put it up there for a buddy of mine but yes his IR’s sounds great.

The Uber’s low end is finnicky, it sits super low compared to a recto: and I prefer a recto for this type of tone. Nevertheless, the top end on this is about damn near spot on of an Uber, so you may just not dig the amp.

You 5153 sounds great. That is all ! The rev F clip is not bad either.

Back