Pete Thorn demos a new amp you can put on your pedalboard.

Picasso, always with the hilarious comments. But I'd like to single you out for fun this time.. everyone knows hollywood is full of softies but please tell us why and how Pete is a "communist". I'd love to hear if it lines up with the definition of communism. Is Pete advocating a class war? Does Pete want guys like you and me owning part of his studio and his gear? Or is he actually a wolf in sheep's clothing who is profiting from the capitalist marketing machine?

a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.

As opposed to leftists calling everyone "Nazis" or "fascists" which never happens and is totally reasonable when it does happen.

Right.

Yeah, really good point man. Got him.

I never really have paid attention Pete thorn . He’s just a YouTuber ? Was he a famous guitarist first or what ?
The guy is a fabulous musician who's been hired to tour with a few of the biggest names in music across a few different genre's (Melissa Ethridge, Don Henley, Chris Cornell for example). I get it, its lame as fuck to sellout and go on tour with Chris Cornell, for sure nobody round RT would do that, even amongst the 1% who actually have the chops to get a call like that because the RT Gang is Core AF !!! hahahaa His name has just become lightning rod clickbait round here and the guys that post up anything with his name in the title know for a fact what the reaction is gonna be. Its pretty easy to choose not to click or watch his videos, in the end he will still be getting calls from Rock Stars for side men gigs, making money from his signature Suhr guitars & amps & pickups & effects, getting paid to do demos, and we'll all be here hoping whatever we've got for sale or buying in the RT Classifieds eventually sells or ships and / or the transaction didn't end up being with a FatBagg alias, cuz then we'll have to start a thread about that too. Sheeeit some of us might even have a bar gig to be getting ready for.

Happy Thanksgiving all y'all!

He was a hired gun touring player for a bunch of retarded untalented pop artists, so famous in the way where he didn't write any fucking music or play any music that was impressive on guitar.
I definitely find him to be the basic guitar guy at the music store .was just watching . He can play it’s just the same old

The guy is a fabulous musician who's been hired to tour with a few of the biggest names in music across a few different genre's (Melissa Ethridge, Don Henley, Chris Cornell for example). I get it, its lame as fuck to sellout and go on tour with Chris Cornell, for sure nobody round RT would do that, even amongst the 1% who actually have the chops to get a call like that because the RT Gang is Core AF !!! hahahaa His name has just become lightning rod clickbait round here and the guys that post up anything with his name in the title know for a fact what the reaction is gonna be. Its pretty easy to choose not to click or watch his videos, in the end he will still be getting calls from Rock Stars for side men gigs, making money from his signature Suhr guitars & amps & pickups & effects, getting paid to do demos, and we'll all be here hoping whatever we've got for sale or buying in the RT Classifieds eventually sells or ships and / or the transaction didn't end up being with a FatBagg alias, cuz then we'll have to start a thread about that too. Sheeeit some of us might even have a bar gig to be getting ready for.

Happy Thanksgiving all y'all!
He definitely can play

We need a new thread.
YouTube shillings who you love and hate.

A true story of the complex interrelationship of YouTube and the demise of faith in a world gone wrong. The deep truths of the psychology behind this emotionally driven topic. How country music stole all the shredders and left everyone else empty and cold. How major pentatonic and mixolydian has replaced minor pentatonic and dorian. What to do with turkey leftovers besides sandwichs. How to use the mM7 chord and not sound like the 007 theme. Is the m7b5 really only half diminished ?
You are a gentleman and scholar and I am thankful for this contribution of light on a nice holiday.
As opposed to leftists calling everyone "Nazis" or "fascists" which never happens and is totally reasonable when it does happen.

Right.

Yeah, really good point man. Got him.
They act like fascist and will make the best Nazis when they discover the treachery in their indoctrination.

Nothing to see here just Pete Thorn and his bootlickers being well adjusted adults without any hint of narcissism or self-indulgence. /s
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/so-were-dicks-to-online-creators.2377428
He is a social media influencer first and foremost and he wouldn't get paid for an honest review about something he doesn't like because he benefits from the almost incestuous ties between influencers among themselves and the companies they're promoting. Having integrity and self-respect are no traits that are helpful in being a successful social media influencer.

BTT, 1500 bucks for an underpowered class d hybrid pedal amp is..... bold.

I always felt he was just another shill. Once you understand that his vids are just another ave to hear various pieces of gear.
He once did a thing where he claimed he was playing his friend's actual Jimi-owned Strat and I called BS right away. His story didn't add up.
I've lightened up about him over the years. He's a great player obviously. Looks kinda ghey, but whatever.

Well I hear that Iced Earth will probably be looking for a guitar player and those guys have sold waaaaaay more discs than the kooks PT has been a hired gun for, could be a good gig and lucrative too ! 😉

I mean to be fair IE plays cool music and has sold millions of records in their own right

But it could never be as cool as this guitar focused masterclass

I mean to be fair IE plays cool music and has sold millions of records in their own right

But it could never be as cool as this guitar focused masterclass
Lack of guitar focused masterclass notwithstanding, and I would rather hear IE guitar sounds versus Ethridge anything, but IE has sold literally 1/10th of the records Melissa Ethridge has, 1/32 of Cornell's output (Soundgarden included), and 1/64th of Henley's... the bands Thorn is hired to play with may not be the Rig Talk cup of Tea, but they are not close to talentless shitty hacks and you don't get those gigs if you suck. At least this guy isn't selling PT bobblehead dolls and Flying V ashtrays and neck ties ala Joe Bonamassa.

Back