Any Suhr Reactive Load users here? Worth the price?

On the iD22 you have the ability to run straight to the converters and bypass the preamps due to the two inputs having a send and return. Just plug the 1/4” cable into the channel’s return input on the back.

You won’t be able to increase or decrease the gain at the interface or use high pass filter or anything but it does sound different. You may prefer it or you may prefer going through the preamps but it’s worth checking out.
Oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's just a great idea.

But for that it would still be better for me to connect a XLR female-TRS male balanced out from the Suhr to the Audient right? thanks a lot for the hint.

(audient id22 manual suggests input returns are electronically balanced)

Last edited:
Oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's just a great idea.

But for that it would still be better for me to connect a XLR female-TRS male balanced out from the Suhr the Audient right? thanks a lot for the hint.
I have the RL:IR so I’m not totally sure what the differences are but yeah the return jacks on the iD22 are balanced.

Got the Suhr Reactive Load right now!!!!

But aaaaaaaaaaaargh I still don't have the cable I ordered last, so I will wait until next week to try it.

Got the Suhr Reactive Load right now!!!!

But aaaaaaaaaaaargh I still don't have the cable I ordered last, so I will wait until next week to try it.
You can use a normal guitar cable in the "UNBALANCED" jack for the time being. The shorter the cable, the better. Connect that to your interface

Just tried it with some unbalanced short cable.

This is the best purchase I made in years.

I tried it with some IRs I found weeks ago on youtube (will try to find the link I promise) and sounds VERY MUCH like my rehearsal room.

The feeling is incredible. Mark III roaring , I can't wait to have my XLRf/TRS cable to experience full volume!

Seriously. THANK YOU to all of you guys who schooled me on this purchase.

I own you a big one.

Great product. Best reactive load out there to me is the st rock, but takes a while to get of course with everything that’s going on in Ukraine.

Seriously though GET the bogren digital rhythm ir pack while it’s still on sale. Jens is one of the best out there.

Back