Watched the TV show Autopsy Last hours of EVH.

psychodave

I only realized after watching it that it stirred controversy. Yeah, it was slightly in poor taste, but they provided a lot of facts and educated assumptions. Simply put, decades of drinking and smoking (they said he started both around age 12) is what ultimately caused his cancer. Then Covid lockdowns prevented him from getting life extending cancer treatment in Germany.

Being a big fan of EVH, it was sad to see the realities, but I’m sure Eddie wouldn’t have changed a thing. After watching the show, it doesn’t change my thoughts or opinions about him. He is still one of the best musicians that ever lived.

Fuck cancer 🖕🏻

Didn't Eddie say in an interview he blamed his pick for his mouth cancer? Either way, yeah fuck cancer.
They addressed this. Evidently Eddie tried saying that he would stick the metal pic in his mouth while recording in his 5150 studio and the metal pic would pick up electrical frequencies or electrical static in the air and that’s what caused his mouth cancer. He also discussed on Howard Stern his mouth cancer/tongue cancer and said it was not from cigarettes which is why he did not stop smoking. We all know cigarettes and alcohol can cause mouth cancer and evidently that’s the root of his cancer.

A friend of Eddie’s was on the show and he discussed how Eddie would smoke a pack of cigarettes in an hour…nonstop smoking. There were times where and had three cigarettes going in different spots of the room and he would smoke all of them. They went on to say that he was able to kick the cocaine and alcohol habits, but he could not stop smoking since it was such a part of his life since the age of 12.

They addressed this. Evidently Eddie tried saying that he would stick the metal pic in his mouth while recording in his 5150 studio and the metal pic would pick up electrical frequencies or electrical static in the air and that’s what caused his mouth cancer. He also discussed on Howard Stern his mouth cancer/tongue cancer and said it was not from cigarettes which is why he did not stop smoking. We all know cigarettes and alcohol can cause mouth cancer and evidently that’s the root of his cancer.

A friend of Eddie’s was on the show and he discussed how Eddie would smoke a pack of cigarettes in an hour…nonstop smoking. There were times where and had three cigarettes going in different spots of the room and he would smoke all of them. They went on to say that he was able to kick the cocaine and alcohol habits, but he could not stop smoking since it was such a part of his life since the age of 12.
I have a lot of friends from other countries. It always surprises me (especially in the Asian countries) how much people still smoke cigs. I just can't imagine it. I am not judging, I just have to wonder.

Wolfie was very much against this mini doc and really pissed off about it he made posts about it on different public forums. The picture of Eddie a month before he passed away was pretty tough to look at he did not look good at all. I'm still just amazed that he is gone but thank God we still have his music and it will live on forever!

Attachments

• 1645680973209.jpg
    1645680973209.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 67
I’ve done

I’ve done more shit than I care to mention. Nicotine is a hell of a drug. It’s the only habit that I can’t seem to kick. Well, that and women. Can’t kick that one either. Lol.

I always liked the story about when VH was recording Diver Down and his dad, Jan, was playing on "Big Bad Bill". Jan was nervous because he had lost a finger in an accident, hadn't played in quite some time, and was making lots of mistakes on the track.

Frustrated, Jan told the band, "Look guys.. I can't do this, I'm just too nervous. I keep making mistakes and it just doesn't sound good."

Ed turns to his dad and says, "Dad, the mistakes are what make the music good, and real."

I always liked the story about when VH was recording Diver Down and his dad, Jan, was playing on "Big Bad Bill". Jan was nervous because he had lost a finger in an accident, hadn't played in quite some time, and was making lots of mistakes on the track.

Frustrated, Jan told the band, "Look guys.. I can't do this, I'm just too nervous. I keep making mistakes and it just doesn't sound good."

Ed turns to his dad and says, "Dad, the mistakes are what make the music good, and real."
That is truly beautiful!

Eddie was my hero and why I started playing guitar. Like Lemmy, he lived the life and drank, drugged, and smoked his way thru. Other than drinking, I've never smoked anything and never touched a drug. It is weird how life steers people. I could have easily gotten into smoking or anything else but somehow avoided it.

Wish I could make mistakes like that . Jan's piece in "Big Bad Bill" is AMAZING , he killed it .

i'm not trying to be a prude because i love me some VH and zep, but i was just speaking with a friend on how music has devolved from generations of being performed by an actual studied, trained musician, dressing formally and respecting decorum in grand and elegant concert halls, being able to sight read classical music and big band charts flawlessly,

to machine gun kelly and naz "writing hits" full of outrageous disgusting nonsense and behaving poorly.

this was a really interesting bit with DLR on Rogan, especially the end discussing his vocal coach and jan van halenʻs musical experience in WWII.

i'm not trying to be a prude because i love me some VH and zep, but i was just speaking with a friend on how music has devolved from generations of being performed by an actual studied, trained musician, dressing formally and respecting decorum in grand and elegant concert halls, being able to sight read classical music and big band charts flawlessly,

to machine gun kelly and naz "writing hits" full of outrageous disgusting nonsense and behaving poorly.

this was a really interesting bit with DLR on Rogan, especially the end discussing his vocal coach and jan van halenʻs musical experience in WWII.

No, I get it for sure. Everyone is welcome to listen to whatever they want, etc., but the bands I listened to back in the day like VH, KISS, Metallica, Scorpions, and on and on, busted their asses touring, working on songs, and then broke (then came the debauchery).

Alot of these artists now, are a formula. They are 18, already covered in tats, and singing lyrics to shock and flaunt their lifestyle. I can't stand that Cardi B song "WAP". It is like "men should respect women" but then she writes a song like that and people are blown away by increases in sexual assaults. Most music sucks now, lol.

No, I get it for sure. Everyone is welcome to listen to whatever they want, etc., but the bands I listened to back in the day like VH, KISS, Metallica, Scorpions, and on and on, busted their asses touring, working on songs, and then broke (then came the debauchery).

Alot of these artists now, are a formula. They are 18, already covered in tats, and singing lyrics to shock and flaunt their lifestyle. I can't stand that Cardi B song "WAP". It is like "men should respect women" but then she writes a song like that and people are blown away by increases in sexual assaults. Most music sucks now, lol.
Well said.

How ‘bout that poor Florida kid who lost his scholarship for singing a rap song. It’s ok for rappers and colored folk to throw the n word around regularly, but a white kid singing the lyrics is cancelled.

Well said.

How ‘bout that poor Florida kid who lost his scholarship for singing a rap song. It’s ok for rappers and colored folk to throw the n word around regularly, but a white kid singing the lyrics is cancelled.
This story is disgusting. The kid liked the song and was singing it. 🤷

Just like we all did when singing along with “Sinners Swing”…. We would emphasize “fucking”. 🤣

Back