I wish we could get Mike B to write a book where he clarifies EVERYTHING mark series related.

JimAnsell

Can we get a petition going or something for Mike B to write a book on mark series boogies? Where he clarifies, in technical speak, what EXACTLY are the internal differences in all the various revisions of all the various marks (shit we'll throw rectos in too, why not). There has been so much shit on the net in the last 20 years about this stripe and that stripe, this revision and that revision. We know there are tiny little differences, but the reasons for them and their effects are all just user speculation and "i heard's". We need this dude to settle all our petty internet discussions once and for all before he retires or worse, passes away. With how well he is able to dictate out knowledge over the phone on the fly, you'd think it would be an easy one for him.

Would be cool for sure but I feel like all of it’s on the web just gotta dig a little…
There's a lot of misinformation on Mark's too though. It would be nice for him to tell it how it really is, the differences between the Mark III stripes and the Mark IVa and the IVb in technical terms. Apparently the differences are more insignificant than previously thought.

Last edited:
The best bet for any consolidated real info on mark stripe differences and mod details is if an interested technician gets ahold of a few and traces them out.

I doubt boogie would want that to exist as it dispels magic mojo and even though they don’t make those amps now, the names are useful for the marketing machine, they can just mention them on a future amp model or channel mode, and that alone will make sales.

Hi all, there's plenty of info out there on all the Mark III Stripe variations as well as detailed instruction on how to 3+ mod them. It can be found on The Boogie Board (aka grailtone.com).

Mark III Guide (contains mod information)

There's also a guide available on The Boogie Board and the IIC Plus website with plenty of info to help folks get up to speed on the differences/revisions of the IIC+.

Mark IIC+ Guide
IIC Plus Website

As for Mike B., it would be awesome if he worked with someone to document it all. The likelyhood of that happening is probably not great. He's been a good sport for over 40 years and has a family whom he'd like to spend more time with.

Your best bet would be to find a high profile tech who has corresponded with Mike, worked on and knows these amps intimiately enough to preform these mods. They are out there. Hope this helps.

There's a lot of misinformation on Mark's too though. It would be nice for him to tell it how it really is, the differences between the Mark III stripes and the Mark IVa and the IVb in technical terms. Apparently the differences are a more insignificant than previously though
@Techdeth :ROFLMAO: I got that answer from Peter the last time I was at Mesa. Supposedly the JP2C is very close.
It sounds like a C+ that’s went to obedience school and got neutered.

Back