Carcass/Obituary recent show

Love all their stuff. Bill is a riff machine. Love his tones and unique lead work.
'Rot 'n' Roll' and 'This is Your Life' were fantastic bonus tracks, and I feel indicators of Swansong's simpler and groovier style ahead. Those unreleased 5 Swansong era tracks on "Wake up..." are fantastic too. I recall it wasn't a widely accepted change of direction and even Heartwork was dismissed by the older fans as being too different, but history has proven it to be a classic album of the genre.
I just missed them on the Heartwork tour down here and was kicking myself hard when they split up not too long after and we didn't see them here again until 2008.
The 5 bonus tracks of Swansong that’s on Wake up and smell the carcass are better than the album . I love those tracks

where are you that there are even woman at shows, let alone ones that crowd surf?? i gotta get there
There have been a ton of women at death metal shows in general recently. I was talking to teenage girls at Goatwhore and Incantation a few months ago. Not exactly a show I would expect to find gaggles of young women. It seems like the whole push for gender neutrality (if not ambiguity) by the youth has made it so that extreme music is no longer a dude thing. I, personally, am all for it. I'm sick of (literally) running into the same dudes over and over again.

i'm bummed that when i was in my early 20's the female to male ratio at these types of metal shows was very sad. Glad things have picked up.
I wouldn't have really mattered anyway, since i usually just focused on the bands, headbanging, and getting drunk when i went to those shows. I'll be single againeventually here.. so maybe i should start hitting those metal shows again to meet some ladies with bad dye jobs and green blob tattoos :love:

Also, SPOILER ALERT!!! There is a viking cosplay sword fight in the last song of the AA's set :ROFLMAO:

I'm pleasantly surprised at Amon Amarths success in America in the last 10 years or so. Out of all the Euro metal bands that came up in the late 90s, i guess i didn't think them of all bands would go over this welll here. There first few albums are killer, but have kinda average production of the era. Once they got a good producer and did twilight of the thunder gods, they just took off. Those songs are solid af too, so that certainly helps.

I always loved Carcass and seeing them live showed me that keeping it simple on the bass in DM, works. Everything comes through the mix so much better, when it's just 1/8 notes playing along to the kick.

I'm sick of (literally) running into the same dudes over and over again.
this. there was ALWAYS a core group of the same like 40 or 50 dudes you'd see at EVERY metal show in detroit, and then if you went to a show 2-3 hours away, a dozen of those guys would be there. I was a proud member of that core group :)
It was kinda cool though, cuz you always had someone to shoot the shit with and it made going to shows alone no big deal.

I always loved Carcass and seeing them live showed me that keeping it simple on the bass in DM, works. Everything comes through the mix so much better, when it's just 1/8 notes playing along to the kick.
I disagree, but that's because I'm a bassist.

Back