Let's see your natural wood top guitars!

Slowly getting there and literally digging into the wood, Willie Nelson style…

CE5ED2CC-3162-4FE4-BB05-2BCDD203FA95.jpeg

Dean custom shop RCMLF#3 and RCMLF#6
Natural quilt and flamed redwood.
That quilt is damn near perfect...the only way it gets better if they would have put the jack under the wing and left that top with even less holes/cuts ect...so super sick. Does it have the #2 headstock?

Not that one, but good to see another person that's familiar with Southeast Guitars! Warren is the man! I did have a SE Guitars body made that looked nearly identical but I actually built that one from scratch during a very short lived portion of my life where I had the itch to build my own guitar bodies. lol

Warren did some beautiful work back in the heyday of the Kramer forum, totally separate from the Kramer clone bodies. He seemed to find really nice pieces of flamed maple in particular that made really nice tops.

That quilt is damn near perfect...the only way it gets better if they would have put the jack under the wing and left that top with even less holes/cuts ect...so super sick. Does it have the #2 headstock?
Agreed. I always wanted the input jack setup like the Jackson V's. Or at least like the explorers.
All my RCMLF Deans have the second generation headstocks.
The quilt top and the cracked mirror are my faves. The rust is a crusher tho,for sure.

Last edited:
I'd fuck your head up if I could find a pic of my quilt top cross prototype.
It was the only quilt top they made.
Don't seem to have one in my photobucket.
I also had a Dean ML done up as a cross way the fuck back in 08 or so.
Old school Dime Dean style...as in converting a hard tail to a Floyd a la the OG Dean from hell.
Gotta find that pic and send it to ya. Fucking hilarious!!

Warren did some beautiful work back in the heyday of the Kramer forum, totally separate from the Kramer clone bodies. He seemed to find really nice pieces of flamed maple in particular that made really nice tops.

Since you had mentioned Warren/Southeast Guitars I thought I'd post a couple of pics of a some bodies he made for me back in the day. Regretfully, I don't have any of these any longer, but if I ever see either one of these back up for sale... I would gladly buy them back.

Flame Maple over Mahogany

100_0045.jpg

Flamed Claro Walnut over Mahogany

775de0f8.jpg

dude you have the sickest guitars!!
Found s'more in photobucket
The three crosses. USA black back,Dean naked lady converted to a cross(inlays and Floyd added) and quilt top cross prototype.
And the Gutierrez custom ML which is by far and away the best playing and sounding of of every guitar I own.

Attachments

• crossesx3.jpg
    crossesx3.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 27
  • dime_038.jpg
    dime_038.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN2750.jpg
    DSCN2750.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN2769.jpg
    DSCN2769.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN2772.jpg
    DSCN2772.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 25
My Warmoths..L-R...Swamp Ash/Camphor Burl/Pau Ferro...Swamp Ash/Maple/Roasted Maple...Swamp Ash/Bocote/Goncalo w Ebony.

Attachments

• PXL_20221129_015738846.jpg
    PXL_20221129_015738846.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Found s'more in photobucket
The three crosses. USA black back,Dean naked lady converted to a cross(inlays and Floyd added) and quilt top cross prototype.
And the Gutierrez custom ML which is by far and away the best playing and sounding of of every guitar I own.
Those are just crazy cool man, my god!!!!!!

That quilt 😍

Back