New Metallica song. I'm curious what everyone thinks

It sounds so... happy. That's not necessarily a negative, btw. Just unexpected.

Production is better than Death Magnetic and Hardwired, but I think I need to just accept that Metallica's guitars are pretty much never going to sound as good as they did with Rock or Rasmussen. There's just so much fizz in Metallica's tone now and overall it lacks the balls and chunk it used to have. You can tell all the guitar lines are played well, it's James after all, but that guitar sound is just kind of weak.

Last edited:
Better than I expected. Pretty cool riff and a driving beat. No wah either! At least not a very prominent one if it was in there. I do wish that Kirk would actually attempt to craft a solo just a little bit more instead of just wanking away on his standard patterns to fill up the space.

Nothing “wrong” nothing catchy. Good production. Same regurgitated solo. I wish Kirk would start composing solos again instead of ad lib-ing in the studio and piecing them together in pro tools.

Better than I expected. Pretty cool riff and a driving beat. No wah either! At least not a very prominent one if it was in there. I do wish that Kirk would actually attempt to craft a solo just a little bit more instead of just wanking away on his standard patterns to fill up the space.
Lol simulposting

I actually like it quite a bit I think it's the best piece of music they've put out in 8 years or more I really haven't liked anything in a long time really dig that guitar riff. Thanks for sharing

There is no low end, and the guitars sound thin.

Oh, wait. I'm listening on my phone speaker in a noisy environment. I should go plug this in and retest.

Song is okay, at least.

Same regurgitated solo. I wish Kirk would start composing solos again instead of ad lib-ing in the studio and piecing them together in pro tools.
This times ONEfuckingTHOUSAND. Its a very cool track up until that point. His part ruined the song IMO. He has no inspiration to be great and has phoned it in for many years.

Why do we care if they are using digital amps or real amps? And how do you even know what was used?
Also this. The digital era is here to stay and will only grow bigger and eventually take over. The kids I record these days prefer amp sims over real amps since its so much more convenient. I have zero complaints since it saves me time :2thumbsup:

Production sounded phenomenal to me too. Love the vocal mix and the drums. The low end is fantastic too. Not mad at it at all.

yeah it sounds good. it sounds like they actually tried and gave a fuck with this one which is all i ask even if i dont overly care for it, i cant say ive been able to say that about much theyve done for 25 years

Back