UPS/Reverb Nightmare

Anyone have any experience with shipping damage/lost item claims through Reverb with their Safe Shipping program? Sold a Bogner Helios Eclipse last week, anything over $1500 requires the seller to purchase this extra protection. Got a message from the seller on Sunday saying that UPS came to deliver it but saw shipping damage so the driver didn’t even attempt delivery. Fast forward to today, the buyer contacted his local UPS hub and the supervisor said they notated “fall out/missing items”. They told him they have the ripped open box with no amp in it!! I filed a claim with Reverb, they said it’ll take up to 5 business days for someone to contact me. Luckily the buyer understands and is patient, but ultimately he wants his money back asap. We’re both waiting for Reverb before I refund him, I feel so bad for him though. Anyone ever have to file a claim like this? Reverb says this Safe Shipping program will cover damaged/lost items, but it’s going to take a while to investigate and come to a conclusion. This just seems like such a bizarre situation though. Seems to me like someone with UPS probably stole it, how else does a full sized 100w tube amp head go “missing” after being ripped out of its packaging? I’ve shipped about a dozen amp heads before, never had any problems.

@loganflynn294 I went through a similar scenario with Reverb back in 2018. I sold a Bogner Twin Jet w/ KT88's.

Some how UPS managed to break all the tubes, dent the chassis and headshell.

The best thing to do in this situation is to keep the buyer in the loop and be very transparent.

It took a couple weeks to resolve, but Reverb ended up paying me out in full and refunding the buyer.

Apparently Reverb has a department which buys gear like that and refurbishes/re-sells them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, such a shitty situation. My buyer is absolutely amazing, he’s being super patient, he understands this whole situation is fucked up and is willing to wait for Reverb to do their thing. After hanging onto his money do so long, once it’s resolved I wanna do something for him cause he could been a huge asshole about it, it’s not his fault or problem at all. Just sucks that the amp is literally missing! How does someone lose it or walk out with it and leave the ripped open package?

@loganflynn294 I went through a similar scenario with Reverb back in 2018. I sold a Bogner Twin Jet w/ KT88's.

Some how UPS managed to break all the tubes, dent the chassis and headshell.

The best thing to do in this situation is to keep the buyer in the loop and be very transparent.

It took a couple weeks to resolve, but Reverb ended up paying me out in full and refunding the buyer.

Apparently Reverb has a department which buys gear like that and refurbishes/re-sells them.

Hope this helps.
Bingo!
Chicago Music Exchange.

Thanks guys, such a shitty situation. My buyer is absolutely amazing, he’s being super patient, he understands this whole situation is fucked up and is willing to wait for Reverb to do their thing. After hanging onto his money do so long, once it’s resolved I wanna do something for him cause he could been a huge asshole about it, it’s not his fault or problem at all. Just sucks that the amp is literally missing! How does someone lose it or walk out with it and leave the ripped open package?
@loganflynn294 glad to hear your buyer is even-headed. The buyer from my scenario was the same way.

In the end, it all worked out and I received a 5 star review for staying on top of the issue and being transparent the whole way through.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 3.51.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 3.51.53 PM.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 15
Not looking too promising…. Reverb agent told me to refund the buyer since the amp is gone. He said UPS told him the packaging was insufficient! Since UPS already disposed of the packaging then it’s on them to somehow prove that. Anyways, in the meantime I refunded the buyer, Reverb paid him and then sent me a bill for the sale amount. That bill is DEFINITELY not getting paid by me, I’ll do what I can trying to deal with UPS, but I’m not paying for their fuckup. What a nightmare!

Not looking too promising…. Reverb agent told me to refund the buyer since the amp is gone. He said UPS told him the packaging was insufficient! Since UPS already disposed of the packaging then it’s on them to somehow prove that. Anyways, in the meantime I refunded the buyer, Reverb paid him and then sent me a bill for the sale amount. That bill is DEFINITELY not getting paid by me, I’ll do what I can trying to deal with UPS, but I’m not paying for their fuckup. What a nightmare!
Huh?! A 55Lb amp goes missing because of insufficient packaging? I don't think so..... It doesnt matter at this point if it was damaged. Its missing!!! Pay up UPS!

Right? I expect them to treat packages like shit, but how does an amp “fall out” and no one even tosses it to the side for a supervisor to deal with?!?

Back