Found a local Toronto store that sells Chibsons.. and other knock off guitars..

Bash_Man

It was weird to see in person a Gibson Lespaul for $499 :shocked:

PXL_20221126_181415947.jpg

PXL_20221126_182315718.jpg

Funny thing is they don't advertise it on their website. I only went to get my son a drum stool since it was reasonably priced.

I only noticed they were Chibsons cause I had to do a double take cause at first I thought they were Epiphones... But the guy working there said his boss has a business that imports music equipment from overseas.

A guy who sold a Kemper Stage to me had a Chibson. He bought it for 250 Euro and it looked great and played fantastic. I asked if he did some mods to it or gave it a set up, but nope..right out of the store. No buzzing, no choking in the high register, the frets were very good installed and the guitar stayed better in tune than most of my Gibsons The only thing that I would change were the pickups, although they were not exactly bad. I'm gonna ask which store he bought it from.
I would buy one in a minute for that money, but would not put a Fake Gibson logo on it. Actually, I would prefer if they gave their guitars a brand name of their own.
There are enough good Les Paul type guitars around from different brands, some of them even better than the real thing.

How did it play?
I picked one up and just strummed it acoustically and the open chords at the first 3-4 frets sounded ok. No buzzing. didnt get a chance to do more than that.

But now that I know where the place is, I may pay it another visit and check out some more guitars. LOL

Part of me wrestles with this concept BUT it is def filling a void in the market. I think they should be clearly identified as fakes though and I would have no issue. My other question is.. are they doing setups on these things and addressing the fretwork etc? If they are, there could probably be some players in the crowd. I'd pick up a dirt cheap striped EVH just so I don't have to do the paint work myself.

Back