Thinking of Purging

Absolutely have done this.

Never get rid of anything that will be difficult to find if you want another someday - either in price or rarity - no matter how pressing it may seem right now.

You'll regret it.

I know a dude who sold a 2c+ coli for 3 grand in the early 2010s. He's never going to find or afford another.
Have to concur. Even if there's one scintilla of doubt that you'll never use [enter piece of gear here] again, just don't sell it. Cuz the day you do, the next day you're going to find a "need" for it.

For all the shit that's been collecting dust (you KNOW the stuff I speak of), or the fiddles ya just never gelled with *truly*, or the FX that you just find to be more a PITA to hook up than to use, or the amps that overlap already overlapping amps - that stuff??? LIQUIDATE.

Just my $0.02

Wow. I was going to trade in our 2014 Sierra next spring, but after reading this thread, I think I'm gonna hold onto it until I can't any more.

Regarding selling gear... this was a winter project that I've been putting off for a while, because I hate the whole process of selling.
In hindsight, the only thing I would have done differently is taken precautions against theft.
I haven't had any issues in 13 years living at this house.
Times have changed. Folks in their 20s want to live with parents for free, or resort to theft if that’s not an option...anything to avoid working and being independent.
These past few years, the govnt has shut everything down and given free $.
They've modified the behavior of younger folks.
Have to concur. Even if there's one scintilla of doubt that you'll never use [enter piece of gear here] again, just don't sell it. Cuz the day you do, the next day you're going to find a "need" for it.

For all the shit that's been collecting dust (you KNOW the stuff I speak of), or the fiddles ya just never gelled with *truly*, or the FX that you just find to be more a PITA to hook up than to use, or the amps that overlap already overlapping amps - that stuff??? LIQUIDATE.
The only stuff gathering dust is sentimental.
I know I could do with less
Except @scottosan keeps making killer pickups, making me want more guitars

Best to get rid of the stuff you're not using sooner than later. Expect price drops with the way the used market is heading.

As the economy gets harder more people will become desperate to sell gear for cash, making it a buyer's market again.

I like it!!!
Smart man.
Dude, I remember when I came to this reality and gas’brained-ignorance.
-So I sold over $250k in gear down to a f’n blackstar man, Studio 6L6 and a G3pedal and partscaster.
I took that money and bought 2 houses in Florida, 6 years later the market went through the roof.
I cashed out, moved away with fat f’n stacks and I’m back at it again!!
Also paid $28k in “at 50 dental surgeries.
NO DENTURES for me!!! HELL YEAH.
But this time in the mix, all killers no fillers.
I’m already ready to start selling shit off though.
I’ve got something coming none of you f’kers would have ever expected.
Buddy, at the end of the day, it’s just an amp/guitar
-Yeah ya miss’em, blah, blah, blah
-WALK HOME BOY,
So wtf about your actual time playing MUSIC?
No gear is worth holding onto too long.
Why?
-the ‘polish’wears off everything in life at somepoint,
-hold onto to that!!!!
-So I say: ‘Fire in the hole that shit!’
I think I'm picking up what youre laying down
Like, I'm smelling what you're cooking
I think
I kinda wanna know what mushrooms those are

I can see you mulling this over, and possibly coming up with a different conclusion tomorrow. Lol.

Oh BTW, my full stack is 79 with 79 g12-65s. I find those speakers darker than I prefer. They def need volume to open up.
Yes they are darkish until punished. The 79s are the brightest version too. But, I’m one who dimes the presence on my Marshalls.
I work in a clinic setting these days. It’s nice not having the pressure to come in when we get 12 inches of snow; vs my agency days.
My co worker just bought a new Silverado. 100k. No shit. They traded in a paid for 17 Forerunner plus cash so a lower payment. But I can’t imagine paying that for any domestic vehicle. Silly.
That’s the way it is, though.

Do you have any sort of trailer towing harness? You can het magnet lights pretty reasonable that do both braking and signaling. It’s not pretty, but I think you’d be legal.
Have considered. I do have towing harness. Anything to avoid rentals, motorcycle on ice, or using chix for a ride.

I have also considered moving a few things to pare it down a little. Don't think now is the right time, but there are a couple to think out guitar and amp wise. I am feeling the to many thing for some time now.

Also went car shopping recently. I have a very nice car, but not practical anymore and want to move into a xover or an SUV. My car is fairly rare and shouldn't go down that much more and I have pretty low mileage.
I work from home, don't drive all that much anymore (maybe 3k per year if that ), but no way I am taking a beating buying now and with high interest rates. I will probably just pay off my last 10k on it over the next year and see how the market goes.

I think I'm picking up what youre laying down
Like, I'm smelling what you're cooking
I think
I kinda wanna know what mushrooms those are
Have you ever seen a smartphone screen on mushrooms?
Pixelated hogwash, kinda like sorta what you’re actually talking about.

-Now go make that fucking money.

I'm about to purchase a used vehicle to get me thru the winter, until parts are finally available to repair my 1 year old f150. (Thank you, asshole that stole my tail lights.)

I've been feeling like it's time to clean house. Car shopping has driven that home.
I have accumulated too many guitars, amps and pedals.
All of my gear is great, and unique in some small way. But much of it is redundant.
I don't gig, just play and sometimes record at home.
I could use the $.
Ideally, I'd like to sell 2 of the 3 hi gain amps I have, sell at least one 4x12, get down to 4 electric guitars, and sell about half of my pedals.
Problem is choosing what to sell.

Anyone ever go thru this?
Same here - accumulated a LOT of cool stuff over the years.. hardly play any more. But I've sold stuff over the years that is now worth a mint - 3 different MkIIC+, several ENGL straight 100's, Marshall anniversary, Marshall Jubilees, 80's Kramers EBMM EVH's, Hamer Calis...

Still have some great stuff, but now is not the time to sell (that good window passed about 1.5-2 years ago).
Ironically I'll be in the market for a vehicle soon too (my truck has 267Kmi on it and is finally dying/dead), so I was/am thinking about liquidating a few, but I know I'll regret it.

Good luck, and sorry you're dealing with thieving aholes

Sorry about your F150, Bobby. that sucks! Times are a bit crazy and people are doing more wrong and desperate things. While I live in a pretty safe place here in East TX, I’ve thrown a bunch of cameras up around my place.… just in case someone gets any ideas. If any alerts go off, rest assured I won’t be coming out empty handed.

Regarding your question… yes I’ve gone through the process of thinning things out in favor of other life priorities. Some might say keep the high value or hard to replace stuff for later. Personally, I would choose to keep the gear that I enjoy using the most, rather than keep a grail item, just because it’s a “grail item“… but that’s just my approach. I’d rather have something I love using most rather than something that’s on a pedestal. A handful of guitars and cabs along with a few amps would be OK for me.

Good luck with everything!

I'm about to purchase a used vehicle to get me thru the winter, until parts are finally available to repair my 1 year old f150. (Thank you, asshole that stole my tail lights.)

What's the problem? From what I've witnessed, most drivers in Texas don't use their taillights anyway. :D

I have went through the worst last couple years of my life sold everything I'm just waiting for good news to come. I don't want to sound like a big whiner and I know what you're going through it's tough but hopefully things will turn around. Good luck

I went to automotive, diesel technology for college and can tell you it doesn't matter what brand you drive, they are ALL made to only last just outside of there warranty period and it's all driven from cost. That's it, sometimes you get lucky and that shitty part fails and sometimes it doesn't.

I went to automotive, diesel technology for college and can tell you it doesn't matter what brand you drive, they are ALL made to only last just outside of there warranty period and it's all driven from cost. That's it, sometimes you get lucky and that shitty part fails and sometimes it doesn't.
Fuel.jpg

This beast just came through the shop last month. I did a quadruple take WTF!!!?!?!?!! Yes that is 880k 2013 Altima. Roughly 250 miles a day since it was built.

Back