SEMI HOLLOW TUXEDO NGD

BRENTrocks

There is nothing quite like the look of a black guitar with mother of pearl inlays on an ebony fretboard and gold hardware.... often referred to as the "Tuxedo"

Most commonly seen as a Les Paul Custom, not on a semi-hollow too often.

This 2003 Heritage Millennium DC Custom brings those two worlds together in one guitar.

The Millennium Series has a mahogany skeleton that is routed out and capped with a solid maple top and back. Its actually has more hollowness to it than an ES 335/H535 style guitar, with the body size very close to a Les Paul.

24 3/4 scale with a medium C neck carve. Only 8 lbs... and with the double cut, great access to the upper register!

I bought this one without pickups. I had a set of 1983 Gibson Shaw PAFs with gold covers patiently waiting to be installed in this beautiful guitar. I also installed a set of Kluson Revolution locking tuners that retro fit over the factory Grovers. I upgraded the caps while i was inside... the stock Heritage caps are not the greatest quality in that era, so I installed a pair of .015 Russian PIO caps.

After installing a new set of GHS 10s and doing a setup on it, i was able to achieve a nice medium/low action that plays really smooth.

The Shaws sound great! The guitar is very warm. Lightweight, awesome tone, great playability!!!!

IMG_5698 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5700 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5701 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5702 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5703 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5704 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5705 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5706 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5707 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5708 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

Looks pretty close to the size of any es339, just with the pickup selector in a different spot. Great looking guitar and I bet it’s super light compared to a les Paul.

Nice score.

When i was a teenager, there was a little guitar shop in town that carried Heritage for a short while. They had an ES335 style tuxedo that I must've played a few dozen times, wishing I could afford it.

Back