Favourite High Gain Head for Lead Tones

Outside of the a Mark series, my favorites have been in KSR and the Bogner Goldfinger SL. I preferred the SL to the 101b I had. The VH4 channel 4 is nice as well.

Still my Bogner 101B...so much range, from low mid/gain blusey tones to full out shredding, just love it, like someone mentioned, it's practically cheating because it's so easy to play while allowing your your feel/touch to come across.

Leads here are all Ecstasy blue channel....

I had a Bogner Ecstasy with pacific transformers and and the blue channel was the best sounding lead I've ever heard come out of any amp. I've never heard one with Mercury iron but sure that was fire as well.
I’ve got pac trans train wreck spec trannies in my Zinky. Fuckin’ rips.

Rivera M/S and TBR bring the toanz too. You can do SRV, Cream, Sykes n’ more with one.

My 71 super lead with a treble booster, amp dimed on 10 with a neck pickup is a dream for harmonically rich tones and is a chainsaw on the bridge.
This.
My 72 is the best lead amp I’ve owned…over SLOs and even C+s. Double boosted, low or high volume. The mids are just so pleasing to hear.
Naylor SD is also great, and a new to me Rev C Recto has a fantastic lead tone as well….which is far removed from even the Rev F Triples I’ve owned.

Always wanted to try the Deliverance and JPC2
I've got a Deliverance 60 and a mark III, and have always found that to be a duo that really makes it worth owning both amps. They're similar enough that they can cover a comparable style range, but the D60 offers a lot of what the mark series don't excel at.

I also enjoy the simple layout and don't need a loop. They take pedals pretty well.

Still my Bogner 101B...so much range, from low mid/gain blusey tones to full out shredding, just love it, like someone mentioned, it's practically cheating because it's so easy to play while allowing your your feel/touch to come across.

Leads here are all Ecstasy blue channel....

This is killer! Thanks for sharing.

I’m a big fan of mid to late 90’s Bogner Ecstasy 101B’s with the custom Mercury Magnetics transformers stock. Best lead amp I’ve ever played and the blue channel is certainly Marshall inspired. It takes pedals really well also.
I wonder if ecstasy 35 can get that tone

I’m a big fan of mid to late 90’s Bogner Ecstasy 101B’s with the custom Mercury Magnetics transformers stock. Best lead amp I’ve ever played and the blue channel is certainly Marshall inspired. It takes pedals really well also.
I have to be honest i'd have no idea how to verify one from the 90's vs other periods. The whole system using symbols for the serial number doesn't seem to be clear and I'm not aware of a database to verify what that serial number indicates.

I have to be honest i'd have no idea how to verify one from the 90's vs other periods. The whole system using symbols for the serial number doesn't seem to be clear and I'm not aware of a database to verify what that serial number indicates.
You have to do some google searching but there is a decoding chart available.

You can also email Bogner the serial number and he will decode it for free

Back