Let's see your natural wood top guitars!

It's interesting how the color of wood changes with a clear finish. The Warmoths below L>R are walnut (clear nitro lacquer), mahogany (clear satin lacquer), southern ash (clear urethane), northern ash (clear oil).

jkU46cX.jpg

Reactions: ccn
Here are my superstrats: three Warmoths and one Charvel. The butterscotch Warmoth (under the blue) is currently in the process of having the polyurethane finish taken off and it will have a tung oil finish. The guitar on the bottom is an ash body with a maple top and it sounds the best. I wish it didn't have the Floyd but I guess we all need one guitar with one. The Charvel is the best $700 guitar I've ever owned. The blue guitar is Mahogany with a roasted maple neck and a custom bridge pickup from Sefton Electronics that sounds fantastic! Neck is an Air Norton. To me the wood finish guitars sound better so I'm looking forward to hearing how the butterscotch Warmoth sounds without the think poly finish on it. We will see.

Attachments

• sstrats.jpeg
    sstrats.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
A little late to the party but I just got this one, may as well bump the fun...

Charvel-DK24-Mahogany.jpg

And my koa top 'Nez

Ibanez-RG652-KKB.jpg

My gf literally grabbed this for me yesterday and I immediately thought of this thread lol, how sad is that!

Cutter.jpg

Back