Thinking of Purging

Yes, besides catalytic converters, folks are now stealing tail lights and tail gates, not to mention the whole car, truck or motorcycle.
My buddy's motorcycle was stolen from our hospital parking garage in the daytime.
The crime has been so bad here in DFW. Especially since all the Calis moved here. All this stolen stuff is getting sent back to Cali. It sux.
Tail lights have sensors, go for up to 1g a pop. Thieves get $100-600 for them. They can get your pair in about 30 seconds. They rip part of the wiring harness in the process, and that's what I'm waiting for. National backorder, none being made, well over a month since this occurred.
I'm highly considering purchasing something older that doesn't have all the sensors and stuff.
Should have kept my Wrangler. Nobody wants anything off that. Or even my 2011 Mustang. Pretty sure that car is still running tip top.
Insurance paid for a rental, for a month.
Now all I have is a motorcycle, until I get my truck back.
I work at a hospital. When school is cancelled, and other folks call in due to inclement weather, I have to make it. Period.
One year a tree fell on my truck. It was buried. Work insisted I still make it in somehow.
@Racerxrated and @DanTravis62 kinda wishing I had kept my old stuff at this point. Something has shifted in the car industry. Everything is tech dependent. I hate it. Everything is computers and sensors and software and apps. I just want something that starts, runs, and doesn't try to direct how I drive. Even my motorcycle has all of these computer driven choices that control acceleration and braking. I hate it. I freaking hate the driving tech nannies and anything computer controlled. This whole moment in time, society, computers, politics,...everything is shit.
Fuck the future.
Give me the past. Guess I'm like Stallone in Demition Man.
Newest vehicle I own is a 1978 Ford F250…woukd love to have a newer truck, but can’t see spending 70k on one.

LpmojoGL …… what amps would you purge ? Just curious 😉
Good question.
Certainly not my grandfather's old bf Dual Showman, even tho it doesn't see much action.
I'd be dumb to sell the 4104, best sounding JCM I've had.
The Vox AC15C1 could go.
That leaves the 3 hi-gainers:
Mesa .50 Cal+, EVH Stealth 50 and MOAB. They all sound great.
The Mesa is the weakest, tonewise.
The EVH is easily replaced. So probably those 2.
The MOAB is worth probably about 1g more than the other 2 combined. Sounds like it, too. It would be difficult to let go. I'd put it up against any amp for modded Marshall greatness. It's more raw than Friedman, more krangy than Wizard. The only way I'd sell that, is if I found a killer deal on a 100 watter and sent it to @RedPlated to be modded. 💡Hmmmmm. I did just see a 100 watt Ceriatone Super Lead for cheap...

Never get rid of anything that will be difficult to find if you want another someday - either in price or rarity - no matter how pressing it may seem right now.

This. I sold my H&K Access in 2010 at a time I thought I'd never need it again. I've owned 3-4 since then, both Module A and Module B versions to try to get THAT sound again. I even reached out to the buyer of mine after 6 years to see if he wanted to sell it back to me, or would at least send me pics of the inside so I can confirm which Module it had.

Good question.
Certainly not my grandfather's old bf Dual Showman, even tho it doesn't see much action.
I'd be dumb to sell the 4104, best sounding JCM I've had.
The Vox AC15C1 could go.
That leaves the 3 hi-gainers:
Mesa .50 Cal+, EVH Stealth 50 and MOAB. They all sound great.
The Mesa is the weakest, tonewise.
The EVH is easily replaced. So probably those 2.
The MOAB is worth probably about 1g more than the other 2 combined. Sounds like it, too. It would be difficult to let go. I'd put it up against any amp for modded Marshall greatness. It's more raw than Friedman, more krangy than Wizard. The only way I'd sell that, is if I found a killer deal on a 100 watter and sent it to @RedPlated to be modded. 💡Hmmmmm. I did just see a 100 watt Ceriatone Super Lead for cheap...
What is the MOAB?

This. I sold my H&K Access in 2010 at a time I thought I'd never need it again. I've owned 3-4 since then, both Module A and Module B versions to try to get THAT sound again. I even reached out to the buyer of mine after 6 years to see if he wanted to sell it back to me, or would at least send me pics of the inside so I can confirm which Module it had.

This is exactly why I said that.

I know so many guitarists who let something rare that they loved go, and completely regret it. Dozens.

The h&k access are really cool, also. I've played one (not sure if module a or b) and thought it had a very unique, cool thing going on

What is the MOAB?
Ground Zero "Mother of All Bombs".
This.
It's a mod @RedPlated does to Marshalls. Mine is an Anniversary 2204. He added an effects loop, Jose type mod with a knob for varying amount of diodes (instead of just a switch like the Sat switch on a Friedman), revoiced it to sound more modern while retaining the Marshall feel and krang, depth knob, nfb knob...
It's so versatile. You can dial it in for anything. Bright n tight, dark and thick, classic rock to modern metal, sounds good with any guitar or cab, raw and open or compressed, feels great.
There are several clips on @scottosan YouTube page where he shows off the ToneNerd pickups.
Here's one for his Psyches pup, a clone of an old Dirty Fingers, showing how it sounds with the MOAB and thru my stock 4104:

This.
It's a mod @RedPlated does to Marshalls. Mine is an Anniversary 2204. He added an effects loop, Jose type mod with a knob for varying amount of diodes (instead of just a switch like the Sat switch on a Friedman), revoiced it to sound more modern while retaining the Marshall feel and krang, depth knob, nfb knob...
It's so versatile. You can dial it in for anything. Bright n tight, dark and thick, classic rock to modern metal, sounds good with any guitar or cab, raw and open or compressed, feels great.
There are several clips on @scottosan YouTube page where he shows off the ToneNerd pickups.
Here's one for his Psyches pup, a clone of an old Dirty Fingers, showing how it sounds with the MOAB and thru my stock 4104:

I've got an aged black Psykes due to arrive today actually:yes: Looking forward to throwing it in my Les Paul R0 and see how she sounds through my Landry.

Usually what I do in a situation like this is work harder....it eliminates having to deal with all the usless fucks that surface during a sale and there are many however I wish u luck.

I've got an aged black Psykes due to arrive today actually:yes: Looking forward to throwing it in my Les Paul R0 and see how she sounds through my Landry.
Killer pickup. Can't wait to install in my Explorer.
It does a lot of the work, pushing a stock JCM800 into heavy territory. We found that backing off the gain on the MOAB actually sounded better, less compressed.

Two weeks after buying this Subaru…cracked windshield. They said it wasn’t covered but I put up a stink to corporate and they covered it. Two weeks after new windshield…cracked again. I let it get as bad as I could stand and replaced it. With all the scammy “camera calibrations” it’s about $500. No cameras are even attached to the windshield.

They have been making windshields thinner and thinner over the years and the whole camera calibration is sometimes a scam you can’t get around. If the person crashes they will sue based on uncalibrated cameras (and sometimes win even when cameras were not at fault). So nobody wants to do it without the calibration.
Calibrations are required on Subaru's equipped with "Eyesight" after windshield replacement per the manufacturer.

I wanted a de-gaussed custom custom with a blade. We may or may not use a blade, may or may not de-gauss it but I want a custom custom with a hot wind.

Killer pickup. Can't wait to install in my Explorer.
It does a lot of the work, pushing a stock JCM800 into heavy territory. We found that backing off the gain on the MOAB actually sounded better, less compressed.
Good to hear... Yeah, Im not even going to use the internal od boost in the landry. Keep it stock overdrive channel, gain to taste and slam it with the Psykes pickup... if I need more 'it'... I can kick on my Friedman Buxom boost up front. All that combined with my delay, rockett the dude and clean dB boost in loop for leads should really be ripping.

Last edited:
Good to hear... Yeah, Im not even going to use the internal od boost in the landry. Keep it stock overdrive channel, gain to taste and slam it with the Psykes pickup... if I need more 'it'... I can kick on my Friedman Buxom boost up front. All that combined with my delay, rockett the dude and clean dB boost in loop for leads should really be ripping.
Sounds like a great setup. How's the Landry? Always been curious about those.

Sounds like a great setup. How's the Landry? Always been curious about those.
I actually JUST got it...lol.... haven't even fired her up yet. This one is kinda a one off since Bill added a new voicing switch that he discovered when designing his new Lexi circuit... so it toggles from stock Landry LSG3 to a slightly more modern gain structure with a bit more hair and grease on it... Hoping to spend some time with it tonight after work... most likely much more time this weekend after I get the Psykes installed. I've had a Landry in the past and I remember it being an awesome, hand wired, set it and forget it tone machine.

I actually JUST got it...lol.... haven't even fired her up yet. This one is kinda a one off since Bill added a new voicing switch that he discovered when designing his new Lexi circuit... so it toggles from stock Landry LSG3 to a slightly more modern gain structure with a bit more hair and grease on it... Hoping to spend some time with it tonight after work... most likely much more time this weekend after I get the Psykes installed. I've had a Landry in the past and I remember it being an awesome, hand built, set it and forget it tone machine.
I expect a full report next week. 😁:rock:

Back