So Mick Mars retired....

Bloodrock

Or was fired, who knows yet. I just want to ask... Can we get this guy a signature piece of gear already??? WTF? Regardless of what you think of Motley, Mick is a fucking rock legend who wrote some of the greatest riffs in history, and yet not even a guitar strap. We know Richard Fortus still owns his #1 Jose Marshall, can't we get that fucker to Marshall to make a "proper" sig amp? I'd buy one for sure. I guess we'll have to wait till he's dead to get some MM gear so others can cash in on his name. Lol.

Or was fired, who knows yet. I just want to ask... Can we get this guy a signature piece of gear already??? WTF? Regardless of what you think of Motley, Mick is a fucking rock legend who wrote some of the greatest riffs in history, and yet not even a guitar strap. We know Richard Fortus still owns his #1 Jose Marshall, can't we get that fucker to Marshall to make a "proper" sig amp? I'd buy one for sure. I guess we'll have to wait till he's dead to get some MM gear so others can cash in on his name. Lol.
Agree....not only is he a riff monster, but for him to tour while dealing with the extreme pain that his disease causes, wow. Can't imagine. In order to deal with that pain, most people would have to take so many pain meds they'd be close to comatose.
Love or hate the 80s, Mick wrote some of the most recognized riffs ever.

Yeah - good call — why no mars sigs?? A dr feelgood era amp or strat would / would have sold well

Im not joking when i say he has EVERYTHING problems. Google it, its a fascinating and rare affliction he has.
Yeah, it's amazing he's made it as long as he has. Dude has my utmost respect for touring all these years. After supposedly ending Motley in 2015 I know he's been working on a solo album. But now they drug him back out in the road like he was married to Sharon Osborne, and it's just shitty to replace him and keep touring. Motley obviously thinks they are the next KISS.

My guess is he doesn't want any sig stuff. He strikes me as that type of guy.

A Mars sig strat would be rad though

Didn't he have hand problems if I recall?
Didn't he have hand problems if I recall?
more than hand problems
"
Health
For most of his professional career, Mars has openly struggled with ankylosing spondylitis,[15] a chronic, inflammatory form of arthritis that mainly affects the spine and pelvis. It was initially diagnosed when he was 17 years old and has increasingly impaired his movement and has caused him pain. This led to hip-replacement surgery at the end of 2004.[16]

Over the years, the illness has caused his lower spine to seize up and freeze completely solid, "... causing scoliosis in [his] back and squashing [him] further down and forward until [he] was a full three inches (7.6 cm) shorter than [he] was in high school."[17] Mars reported in 2013 that his neck is so stiff he could not even turn his head, preventing him from driving a car.[18]

The band reunite in 2018[19] and started touring again in 2020.[20]
"

Yeah, it's amazing he's made it as long as he has. Dude has my utmost respect for touring all these years. After supposedly ending Motley in 2015 I know he's been working on a solo album. But now they drug him back out in the road like he was married to Sharon Osborne, and it's just shitty to replace him and keep touring. Motley obviously thinks they are the next KISS.
I saw them last, like 14 years ago and the 2nd half of the show was terrible…. Vince has a couple on stage and it near immediately falls apart.
Seen youtubes of more recent shows - who the hell is paying more than $15 to see that fat water buffalo parade around on stage and not know the lyrics….?

Found this Replica on Reverb from 2016. Sold for $2,800

i8L1QG5.jpg

I think Mick is criminally underrated. Great rock slide player. Solid rhythm guitarists. Very cool riffs. He’s responsible for the metal part of Motley’s sound. For sig stuff, other than something like the Super Strat he plays or those hit rodded Tele-style Kramer guitars from the late 80’s would be cool.

I saw them last, like 14 years ago and the 2nd half of the show was terrible…. Vince has a couple on stage and it near immediately falls apart.
Seen youtubes of more recent shows - who the hell is paying more than $15 to see that fat water buffalo parade around on stage and not know the lyrics….?
My first Crue show was the Generation Swine tour in 97. It was great with Vince back. My last was 2015 "the end" tour, and Vince was horrible, Mick looked like death, and the sound was terrible. They should have left their legacy there and went out on top so to speak.

Back