Never heard of him-

Yo
I could go to the Google but I'm interested in hearing what you guys know.

https://sarasota.craigslist.org/msg/d/sarasota-harry-joyce-custom-50hg-50/7556670837.html
You haven’t heard of Harry Joyce? Pretty well known amongst Hiwatt enthusiasts. If you’ve ever seen the guts of an older Hiwatt, he was the guy.
His claim to fame was that military spec wiring and layout design in those amps. Looks like the guy building these is using similar wiring techniques. Never heard one of these amps however.

https://harryjoyceusa.com/about/

This “dude” i know in omaha, electrician by trade, built his own amp and then 2 more to sell….. for $4500 each … wut

Any asshole can slap a name on a homebrew and demand $4k these days.

This “dude” i know in omaha, electrician by trade, built his own amp and then 2 more to sell….. for $4500 each … wut

Any asshole can slap a name on a homebrew and demand $4k these days.
That’s not what that amp is. That is an actual amp company.

Harry Joyce was a HiWatt engineer; never heard of this amp though. Wonder who bought the right to use his name? Looks like Partridge transformers that I can barely see through the back….

understood, but isnt made by harry joyce. its made by some asshole who "knows" him
Well, I don’t know Harry Joyce or this supposed asshole, as you call him. You seem quick to judge?

If the guy knows or knew Harry and he has the rights to put the guys name on this amp, I’d say it’s likely been ok’d by Harry or the family. You can’t just be some rando guy and slap someone else name on an amp.

I get it tho…..most guys here don’t know or care about Hiwatt. Not enough METAL has been played with this piece.

Well, I don’t know Harry Joyce or this supposed asshole, as you call him. You seem quick to judge?

If the guy knows or knew Harry and he has the rights to put the guys name on this amp, I’d say it’s likely been ok’d by Harry or the family. You can’t just be some rando guy and slap someone else name on an amp.

I get it tho…..most guys here don’t know or care about Hiwatt. Not enough METAL has been played with this piece.
i love hiwatt
this aint a hiwatt. in fact it IS being marketed as a high gain amp.

i love hiwatt
this aint a hiwatt. in fact it IS being marketed as a high gain amp.
I think it’s more trying to compete with that Fortin high gain Hiwatt type amp? They make recreations of the original amps also. I have no dog in the fight. I own a DR505 and I’m very happy with it as is.
I personally would not pay that price for that amp.

I think it’s more trying to compete with that Fortin high gain Hiwatt type amp? They make recreations of the original amps also. I have no dog in the fight. I own a DR505 and I’m very happy with it as is.
I personally would not pay that price for that amp.
Dr505 on “the list” to own at some point - demo videos on those always kick ass

Sorry i took us off topic man :)

Back