New Metallica song. I'm curious what everyone thinks

Geez, $3222 ($4700 Aus) for the 'Nothing Else Matters' package and only a quick meet with 2 members?
I had the premium Meet & Greet package with all 4 members for the Sydney gig that was cancelled in 2019 for about $3k Aus ($2k USD). Damn it.

If we ever do see them back down here (early '24 would be the soonest it could happen based on the published "World" tour dates), then I can't see value in spending 50% more for 50% less of the band for a 10 minute chat.

I don’t know what you have against Testament, they’ve been doing plenty well for a long time :dunno:

I don't know why people try and compare metallicas music or business decisions to these B level thrash bands who are still "true" or have been playing the same, unevolved, style since 1983.

You know how it is... metallica threads bring out the worst in people :)

I don't know why people try and compare metallicas music or business decisions to these B level thrash bands who are still "true" or have been playing the same, unevolved, style since 1983.

You know how it is... metallica threads bring out the worst in people :)

cause its like comparing chicks from high school, Metallica is the chick who was the hottest who completely let herself go and is now 5'4 275lbs divorced with 4 brat kids knocking on the door as youre trying to bang her while she just lays there dead fish style, then Testament is the chick that was kinda cute but joined the gym and went shopping and is now super hot with no baggage and will ride your lightning all night. i cant imagine people still picking metallica over testament

cause its like comparing chicks from high school, Metallica is the chick who was the hottest who completely let herself go and is now 5'4 275lbs divorced with 4 brat kids knocking on the door as youre trying to bang her while she just lays there dead fish style, then Testament is the chick that was kinda cute but joined the gym and went shopping and is now super hot with no baggage and will ride your lightning all night. i cant imagine people still picking metallica over testament
I like Testament and can imagine literally millions of people still picking Metallica.

This is probably the best metallica analogy I've ever heard. There is wisdom here.

Yes sir. Just like sports, music is a young mans game as far as being in your prime. Some last longer than others. Ask yourself when's the last time Ozzy or the Stones or any 25+ year artist/band has put out anything ground breaking and game changing? It very rarely does, if at all.
AC DC still put out decent music. Not like in their prime days but very good music for their age.

Saw someone in a Metallica gear group mention that he knows one of their techs, of course it’s the internet and everything is true, so take it for what it’s worth but he said both James and Kirk had 3 amps each they blended together for pretty much the whole album, fairly generic list though, I only remember James’ being a Mesa, Jose Marshall and a Diezel, no model names.

My buds and I got tickets for the Gillette show last night, they were $380 a piece, for both nights and including Ticketfucker’s fees. Pretty killer seats, too! The fees were $80, so $150 per show isn’t bad. I saw Floyd in ‘94 and those were $60 a pop, 28 years plus inflation later, I can live with $150 a night. Just going to get hammered until Metallica plays the second night because I’ve got zero fuckin’ interest in sitting through another FFDP show.

87ECF70F-2CD1-42B3-A908-E2724C7FB1D5.jpeg

a lot of dudes like fat chicks. this thread needs more Testament now though

Always loved Chuck’s vocals. Does awesome death metal style when he wants to as well.
I would say that a factor in Testament and even more so Megadeth’s longevity in maintaining a style we may prefer is they have injected different players over the years that help maintain that intensity. If you can hire a younger or seasoned metal drummer who’s kept their chops up whenever you want, then not so hard to keep bringing the thrash. Not sure if Testament could pull this off if they still had Louie as their drummer. Unfortunately Gar and Nick have passed on so we’d never know with Megadeth. Metallica for better or worse has kept their core intact this whole time (barring one exception that was unavoidable) so it’s a trade off on betting on Father Time won’t take someone’s ability too badly vs. loyalty and feeling like you have a family. I think this is a big appeal for a lot of the fans, because it makes them feel they’re included in this family…..not that I’ve ever had to pay $7000 plus to go to a family cookout before…lol

My buds and I got tickets for the Gillette show last night, they were $380 a piece, for both nights and including Ticketfucker’s fees. Pretty killer seats, too! The fees were $80, so $150 per show isn’t bad. I saw Floyd in ‘94 and those were $60 a pop, 28 years plus inflation later, I can live with $150 a night. Just going to get hammered until Metallica plays the second night because I’ve got zero fuckin’ interest in sitting through another FFDP show.
Nice! I decided to grab some too, sec 128 row 6. Mine were a little less $360 all in, but like you said its two shows! It will be great.

I thought it was only for one night and you pick a show?

Didn’t see anything about that when we were getting our tickets, just that you can’t transfer tickets for just one night, if you transfer them it has to be for both nights, meaning you can’t go the Pantera night and try to hawk the shit night on someone else. :ROFLMAO:

Back