New Metallica song. I'm curious what everyone thinks

meaning you can’t go the Pantera night and try to hawk the shit night on someone else. :ROFLMAO:

That was my initial plan when I saw they were 2 day tickets haha. I don't feel like driving to North Jersey twice in one weekend.

I was pissed at how much they were at first, but then I realized ALL tickets are 2 day.

Always loved Chuck’s vocals. Does awesome death metal style when he wants to as well.
I would say that a factor in Testament and even more so Megadeth’s longevity in maintaining a style we may prefer is they have injected different players over the years that help maintain that intensity. If you can hire a younger or seasoned metal drummer who’s kept their chops up whenever you want, then not so hard to keep bringing the thrash. Not sure if Testament could pull this off if they still had Louie as their drummer. Unfortunately Gar and Nick have passed on so we’d never know with Megadeth. Metallica for better or worse has kept their core intact this whole time (barring one exception that was unavoidable) so it’s a trade off on betting on Father Time won’t take someone’s ability too badly vs. loyalty and feeling like you have a family. I think this is a big appeal for a lot of the fans, because it makes them feel they’re included in this family…..not that I’ve ever had to pay $7000 plus to go to a family cookout before…lol

metallica is better than any band ever at keeping their fans engaged and feeling apart of something, its almost more like a sports team to me where bad or good thats your team and you support no matter what, i cant think of many other bands that have that kind of fan base. they really did it right with their constant behind the scenes documentaries and fan club and everything they do. Problem for me is, like my Mets, theres been little to celebrate since the 80s and id like my big money go to supporting a good product now, not another celebration of 1986. minus maybe a few songs off load/reload theres not one metallica song less than 30 years old i want to hear live. If i went to see Testament tonight and they only played songs off their last two albums id be thrilled, and in that respect i cant think of any other band i can say that about 35 years into their career. Maybe Cannibal Corpse who they should tour with

metallica is better than any band ever at keeping their fans engaged and feeling apart of something, its almost more like a sports team to me where bad or good thats your team and you support no matter what, i cant think of many other bands that have that kind of fan base. they really did it right with their constant behind the scenes documentaries and fan club and everything they do. Problem for me is, like my Mets, theres been little to celebrate since the 80s and id like my big money go to supporting a good product now, not another celebration of 1986. minus maybe a few songs off load/reload theres not one metallica song less than 30 years old i want to hear live. If i went to see Testament tonight and they only played songs off their last two albums id be thrilled, and in that respect i cant think of any other band i can say that about 35 years into their career. Maybe Cannibal Corpse who they should tour with
Dave can still bring it so I would add Slayer to that if only Jeff hadn’t passed and if they would patch it up with Dave (no disrespect to Paul who is a monster player), and Tom still wanted to…OK, I guess that’s too many what if’s…Slayer’s out!! Lol

The song is not bad, but doesn't move me. Although I do like the influence from the 80's.

Out of interest, I watched their live streaming video on youtube. Uninspiring drivel, if you ask me. I have zero connection with them now. Perhaps it's appealing to a younger crowd.

They have a sort of bitcoin give away action on their live streaming. Check it out here: https://x2metallica.live/
Form your own opinion about it, but I think this is the ultimate money grab.

Man, I do miss Slayer. Lucky that Exodus and Megadeth are still around. Hoping for a new album from Mercyful Fate too,

The new song will be the only Metallica-ish tune on the new album.
Face it,fellas we are never gonna hear another "Fight fire with fire" or "Damage Inc" or "Battery" again.
Not from this Metallica.
It's hard to be hungry and angry when you're no longer hungry or angry.
But I gotta give them props for being super down for their fans. They know where their bread is buttered.
I know it really looks like a big cash grab but they have a huge payroll. They have a machine behind them.
I may not like much(if any)of the new music,but I'm still kinda proud of them for their success.
But I'd rather see Testament or Exodus or Kreator. Up close and personal in a small venue.

I've never heard it put more clearly than this. Damn that's exactly it.

The song is not bad, but doesn't move me. Although I do like the influence from the 80's.

Out of interest, I watched their live streaming video on youtube. Uninspiring drivel, if you ask me. I have zero connection with them now. Perhaps it's appealing to a younger crowd.

They have a sort of bitcoin give away action on their live streaming. Check it out here: https://x2metallica.live/
Form your own opinion about it, but I think this is the ultimate money grab.

Man, I do miss Slayer. Lucky that Exodus and Megadeth are still around. Hoping for a new album from Mercyful Fate too,
That’s a scam account, not Metallica’s official. It’s been reported and taken down several times. With clickbait titles like “Streaming 72 seasons, the full album” etc.
That’s an “old” interview they did during the pandemic btw.

The new song will be the only Metallica-ish tune on the new album.
Face it,fellas we are never gonna hear another "Fight fire with fire" or "Damage Inc" or "Battery" again.
Not from this Metallica.
It's hard to be hungry and angry when you're no longer hungry or angry.
But I gotta give them props for being super down for their fans. They know where their bread is buttered.
I know it really looks like a big cash grab but they have a huge payroll. They have a machine behind them.
I may not like much(if any)of the new music,but I'm still kinda proud of them for their success.
But I'd rather see Testament or Exodus or Kreator. Up close and personal in a small venue.
I'll be honest, I love both. I love seeing a band like Testament in a small venue but want to see 'Tallica too

Whelp, guess I'm going to see them in September. My wife's uncle roped us into seeing them and since he doesn't visit often, we obliged. Kind of excited to see Wolfgang's and and Ice Nine Kills, at least. Maybe mildly excited for Pantera, though I'm not a Zakk Wylde fan, so who knows :ROFLMAO:

Back