Played with my HS buds 12-4-2022

Fusionbear

When I was in high school. My buds and I had a punk, metal, thrash cover band that would play backyard party gigs all over the Eastside of LA county. The name of the band is H8TORADE. We recently got back together to play a benefit show for a mutual friend that just got a liver transplant. I had a blast! Used my Suhr Modern HSH, Gotoh Floyd loaded. I also used my Splawn Competition into an old Marshall cab loaded with a Scumback BM75LD/M75LD combo.

FB_IMG_1670256826818~2.jpg

Our set list:

20221203_170409~2.jpg

We are all in our mid 50's....... doh!

Last edited:
When I was in high school. My buds and I had a punk, metal, thrash cover band that would play backyard party gigs all over the Eastside of LA county. The name of the band is H8TORADE. We recently got back together to play a benefit show for a mutual friend that just got a liver transplant. I had a blast! Used my Suhr Modern HSH, Gotoh Floyd loaded. I also used my Splawn Competition into an old Marshall cab loaded with a Scumback BM75LD/M75LD combo.

View attachment 148426

Our set list:

View attachment 148429

We are all in our mid 50's....... doh!
So awesome man and glad you got to do that.

Me and my HS buds tried doing the same thing and just couldn't pull it off last year. We were going to do our HS Reunion as all our classmates were itching for us to do it. Had a great set list...not as heavy as that lol. 38 Special, Billy Squire, Billy Idol, Thin Lizzy type stuff...I rehearsed my ass off and even learned some fairly note for note leads especially from one of my favorite players in Jeff Carlisi. And first rehearsal was surprisingly decent, rough but decent - even got my rig ready - was supposed to rehearse a few more times but one of the guys pulled the plug on it. He was always the odd one anyway so at least it wasn't surprising. But a bit of a letdown.

Glad you guys got to rock it!

Dam! Great playing and killer guitar tone! Shreddin away on Fast as a Shark!!!

Splawn haters should listen to this clip: the ‘weird mids that can’t be dialed out’ complaint comes from the fact that a Splawn will expose the hell out of your chops when playing alone in your bedroom. But at stage volume with drums, bass and vocals, that’s exactly how the Splawn stays on top of the mix without relying on shrill, piercing highs and presence. Your live clips sound fantastic!

Back