Metallica + Pantera 2023-2024 World Tour

311splawndude

Who's going?

I'm not.

Just curious. This is through Sept 2024. Opening acts interchange between Pantera and Five Finger Death Punch. Except for Mexico City in which case Greta Van Fleet is taking the stage instead - which makes complete NO sense for that city.

Actually, it looks like this:

Show 1 Support North America: Pantera & Mammoth WVH***
Show 2 Support North America: Five Finger Death Punch & Ice Nine Kills

***Greta Van Fleet replaces Pantera on show 1 both weekends in Mexico City

So Metallica comes to a city and plays 2 shows. One with Pantera/Mammoth and then one with 5FDP/I9K. What's weird is that those 2 dates are not back to back so it is Friday and then Sunday (for North America). Interesting. I guess they need a day off in between? What about the poor saps that have to work Monday morning. Who wants to guess ticket prices? Starting at $200?

Some of the proceeds go to charity -All Within My Hands- which is good because I'm sure the tickets will be expensive :yes:

https://www.livenationentertainment.com/2022/11/metallica-announces-m72-world-tour-2023-2024/
Hard Pass

Last edited:
20 years ago id be waiting in line all early at the mall to literally run to the ticketmaster to not let precious seconds and better tickets be sold, now the most ill see is probably 20 seconds of a metallica clip from said show just to see how bad they sound.

I’ll be there in Dallas. Taking my little brother to check out Metallica. Pantera is a bonus. Was lucky to see Pantera in 2001. Don’t care for any of the other opening acts.

I've got tix to Dallas as well, although it's a 5 hour drive, but it's the closest one to me. My sister has never seen Metallica, and being able to see "Pantera" is a bonus for me, even without the Abbott bros. I know to have appropriate expectations for what it's going to be, and what it won't be.

The ticket process is ridiculous though. Someone's making a lot of money, but I get a feeling it's not the people that should be.

man, i'm getting old. Dealing with that crowd, paying astronomical prices to get crap seats, and all the accompanying headaches....sometimes it just doesn't sound as fun. Sure do like the smaller club gigs.

Giants stadium with no traffic is exactly an hour from my house, I’ve done the Friday night in august concerts there many times and I just can’t anymore, we have left at 2 o’clock before and multiple times didn’t walk in till after 9 and the concert already started. Then you sit in hours more traffic getting out. It’s not fun

My buds and I got tickets for the Gillette show, pretty damn good seats for $300 a piece (both nights) with an additional $80 going to TIcketmaster. The three of us were all about Metallica and Pantera in our teens and I barely get to see these guys since they’re 1500 miles away from me, so it’ll be a killer weekend. We’re just getting a hotel right there at Gillette so we can drink our faces off before the 2nd night, no f*ckin’ way am I sitting through FFDP again. I’d rather drink in a hotel and watch QVC than sit through that band ever again.

I'm going here in Chicago and I'll take my girls too. I've only seen Metallica once long ago (before my first child was born) and missed them every time they've come here since. I got the tickets on presale and while prices weren't great, for two shows with two different sets, I figure it wasn't too bad. Even if the family goes one night and I go another with friends it will work out.

With regards to Pantera, I know it is more of a Pantera tribute than the real thing (I saw the real Pantera 3 times in the past) and I'm okay with that.

I have tickets to see them in Boston. August 2024. I have GA / Field tickets and after fees they were $200 per night. They've been doing the day-off between shows for quite a while now. But playing two shows in the same city is a fairly recent thing. They started the idea with festivals in 2019ish, but cancelled many of those shows when Hetfield went back to rehab.

I saw them on the Friday/Sunday type shows for the S&M2 shows in 2019 and last December for the 40th anniversary. For me, it was a fun vacation idea because both times you have a full day off to explore the area. I picked Boston this time for the same reason.

Metallica is my favorite band. Ive seen them twice (Black Album) and (Hardwired) and wasn't blown away at all. I think shows are hit and miss depending on venue, sound, etc.

Metallica is my favorite band. Ive seen them twice (Black Album) and (Hardwired) and wasn't blown away at all. I think shows are hit and miss depending on venue, sound, etc.

I saw them at giant stadium with slayer, slipknot and others and they got smoked by everyone very badly. It was really disappointing

Back