If You Could Resurrect an Old Amp Manufacturer??

FJA

I was good friends. We chatted amp stuff all of the time. I always wanted one of his Nick mods. I never had the money back then for a doner plus mod costs.
Jerry recapped my Gower earlier this year. Great guy. Glad he’s nearby as I have more work for him.

Brian (BFG Amplification) was very close to coming out with his own model before he pulled the plug on his shop. I've always thought that whatever he came up with, it would've taken off.

Andy (THD Electronics) used to have some fricking amazing Marshall mods back in the Ballard Firehouse days. I'd say bring back THD, but only if he focused on his old modded Marshall circuits.

Hot take: None. How many amp companies does it take to make a Marshall Superlead? The only amp that matters.:whistle:

Death metal rendition of "Politician" FTW
The best would be a dude playin’ Politician
on a Bugera, -remember to never come in or come back in on the ‘one’.
That’ll change TGP into what it’s always meant to be

I'd bring back Gary Sunda to Randall amplifiers and have him bring back those old RG's and Century heads. That would help that company tremendously, cause they haven't released anything new in years, Randall amps is basically dead.

FJA

I was good friends. We chatted amp stuff all of the time. I always wanted one of his Nick mods. I never had the money back then for a doner plus mod costs.
He is doing stuff again. Lives close to me and I've spoken to him a couple times in the past two years

Trainwreck. I also liked the Mojave. I know there was some unattractive press for them, but I'd like to have seen how the products evolved. Everything started with the old Plexi Palace and message board.

Brian (BFG Amplification) was very close to coming out with his own model before he pulled the plug on his shop. I've always thought that whatever he came up with, it would've taken off.

Andy (THD Electronics) used to have some fricking amazing Marshall mods back in the Ballard Firehouse days. I'd say bring back THD, but only if he focused on his old modded Marshall circuits.
Holy flashback Batman. Remember going upstairs to have him work on stuff. Modded a JMP master I had and also gave a Metal panel a master for me. Upstairs right? This was when he just had his version of the Bassman 4x10 and maybe his plexi build floating around. His Bassman was very nice. Also back when I could find JMP MV and metal panel amps for $4-500.. 😢
Saw quite a few cheesy, metal shows at the Firehouse.

Back