Metallica + Pantera 2023-2024 World Tour

I would probably go if ticket prices were reasonable.

I saw Metallica a few times in the 90's & early 2000's, and I've also seen Zakk, Phil, & Rex play in a few different bands over the years.

I got tickets already just to see what everything is like in person. I have never seen Metallica. I actively loathe 5 finger death punch, but I will watch Pantera just to critique it. I got 6 pit tickets for me and my close friends. They were around 250 I think. Not keeping my hopes up but hey, I get to hang out with my buds in their 30's who have kids and obligations to that is more of the draw for me.

I've seen Metallica 3 times now and the first was Monsters of Rock in 1988. With Kingdom Come, Scorpions, Dokken and Van Halen. Now that was a show. Also, unlike most of you, I like the Black Album and the Re/Load albums. MOP is my favorite album and RTL is my second favorite. Very good memories with those 2 albums and my boys love MOP :yes:

Might try to swing it. Metallica actually sounded real good when I saw them on the hardwired tour, I was impressed. Seen them several times and it was easily the best sounding and tightest they had been in decades.

I've seen Metallica 3 times now and the first was Monsters of Rock in 1988. With Kingdom Come, Scorpions, Dokken and Van Halen. Now that was a show. Also, unlike most of you, I like the Black Album and the Re/Load albums. MOP is my favorite album and RTL is my second favorite. Very good memories with those 2 albums and my boys love MOP :yes:
that Monsters of Rock Tour in 88 was EPIC !!!!

Holy shit… STARTING at $200 a piece. No F’ing way.

I can’t believe you guys actually pay these prices. I get that you like the band, but to pay so much to see them? Call me old and crotchety, but it’s not like they are in their heyday playing through real amps and supporting a killer album. At this point they are playing the same old shit through Axe-Fx “amps”. As for Pantera, Zakk might be cool, but no Dime and Vinny… it ain’t Pantera. Kinda like seeing DLR play… it ain’t VH no matter how good the guitar player is at mimicking EVH. End of Rant. 🤣

I have tickets to see them in Boston. August 2024. I have GA / Field tickets and after fees they were $200 per night. They've been doing the day-off between shows for quite a while now. But playing two shows in the same city is a fairly recent thing. They started the idea with festivals in 2019ish, but cancelled many of those shows when Hetfield went back to rehab.

I saw them on the Friday/Sunday type shows for the S&M2 shows in 2019 and last December for the 40th anniversary. For me, it was a fun vacation idea because both times you have a full day off to explore the area. I picked Boston this time for the same reason.

Damn, I thought we were doing ok with $300 a ticket for these seats-

10F0BB8D-800A-4BBE-A310-F35E8279D247.jpeg

Going off my memory of the last Pats game I saw there, it should put us about level with the stage. I saw Metallica last November at Rockville where they did the two-nights/two different sets. I loved it. I heard people bitching about them doing less cities on this tour, but if you make a weekend trip out of it, you can get like 5 years worth of Metallica shows in on one weekend and hear two entirely different sets. That said, it’d be a lot easier on people if they did Fri/Sat instead of Fri/Sun, but I suppose it just gives another reason to take one more vacation day off.

And you get to see James’ Ken Lawrence twice in a weekend!

Holy shit… STARTING at $200 a piece. No F’ing way.

I can’t believe you guys actually pay these prices. I get that you like the band, but to pay so much to see them? Call me old and crotchety, but it’s not like they are in their heyday playing through real amps and supporting a killer album. At this point they are playing the same old shit through Axe-Fx “amps”. As for Pantera, Zakk might be cool, but no Dime and Vinny… it ain’t Pantera. Kinda like seeing DLR play… it ain’t VH no matter how good the guitar player is at mimicking EVH. End of Rant. 🤣

Well, I saw Floyd in ‘94 for $60 a ticket, so nearly 30 years later, I’m not surprised that a two-night stadium show is considerably higher priced. I’ve blown $300 on blow in one weekend more times than I’d care to think about and barely remember a thing from those days, so throwing $300 at a concert with my best friends I’ve got no problem with. And while I haven’t been a big fan of anything Zakk has done since 2000, he’s one of my OG guitar influences and I’m a huge Pantera fan. I don’t really give a shit what they’re calling it, I’m stoked as hell to see that set, even if Zakk isn’t playing the solos 100% note for note by then.

If I cared that much about note-for-note shit, I’d just go to Dream Theater shows and sit there bored the whole time.

Metallica actually sounded real good when I saw them on the hardwired tour, I was impressed. Seen them several times and it was easily the best sounding and tightest they had been in decades.
I guess you gotta thank the AXE-FX III :thumbsup:

I got tickets to see them in Dallas (Live in Knoxville, TN) and the videos I’ve seen this far are impressive. Zakk certainly isn’t Dime, but Charlie and Phil are killing it!

I may go to Chicago as well, but can’t plan that far ahead :)

Damn, I thought we were doing ok with $300 a ticket for these seats-

View attachment 148849

Going off my memory of the last Pats game I saw there, it should put us about level with the stage. I saw Metallica last November at Rockville where they did the two-nights/two different sets. I loved it. I heard people bitching about them doing less cities on this tour, but if you make a weekend trip out of it, you can get like 5 years worth of Metallica shows in on one weekend and hear two entirely different sets. That said, it’d be a lot easier on people if they did Fri/Sat instead of Fri/Sun, but I suppose it just gives another reason to take one more vacation day off.

And you get to see James’ Ken Lawrence twice in a weekend!
A weekend trip? So with hotel, food, and travel you are now over $1,000. I'd rather them try to hit more cities then do 2 nights spaced out in less cities. And if I were to only go to one of the shows, which is what I'd probably do, I then have a 50% chance of not hearing some of the songs that I'm paying top dollar to hopefully hear. Does that make sense? Not picking on you RevD. And what do you bet the "Pantera" shows will be more sold than the 5FDP shows.

And what if we knew the set lists up front? Now I have to pick one show over another based on that and that would suck. I'm not 100% negative on this. If I got offered a ticket down the road for a good deal I might go, but this is not I HAVE to see this thing.

Now take all of this with a grain of salt because I'm paying $4,000 roughly to go on a 311 Cruise in March. :LOL:

Not at 1/4 of the price…and not at all if it’s Ticketmaster. TM will never get a penny from me again, I don’t care who it is. Not only no but he’ll fucking no.

Saw Metallica once in late 80s with The Cult opening. But shrooms may have been involved so it’s all a bit foggy.

i just looked for Giants stadium, it looks like the floor is sold out and most first level tickets anywhere near the 50 yard line are $700-$1100. im gonna pass lol

Saw Pantera many times here in DFW in their prime. Same with Metallica. I don't care to see anyone past their prime and looking as old as I am now. I'll pass. It makes me feel fucking old and depressed. Lol!

Back