Chuck - 21 years!

ZEEGLER

It has been 21 years since we lost him. Imagine the music he would have created in that time.

Chuck Schuldiner, the godfather of death metal.

Best songwriter in metal, ever.. The hooks, the grooves, the riffs.. NOBODY comes close.

Human, Individual Thought Patterns, Symbolic, and The Sound Of Perseverance are my tops. Human is probably my favorite. The riffs man, the riffs.. He was one of a kind.

The older stuff is good too, but he started peaking with Human.

This cracks me up..

One of the iconic masters in my book and a good person as well, so sad. RIP Chuck, you are truly missed. Loved his line "Let the metal flow."

Last edited:
I always warm up with a Death riff or two. Suicide Machine intro, Open Casket, Vacant Planets bridge etc. It's always fun to play, even after all these years !
Hell ya . He’s such a great player for people who don’t like death metal to get into . He had soul

Sound of Perseverance, Leprosy, Scream bloody gore, and every album after for that matter...I never tire of Chuck's riffage, licks, and vocals...incredible.

Human, for me, is when he upped his game and really focused on more riffs, hooks, time-changes, and groove. And Di Giorgio on bass? He killed it on Human and Individual Thought Patterns. At the time, it was certainly unique. There's no two ways about it. And let's not forget about Control Denied.

Many don't know, but Chuck NEVER wanted to be the singer. Actually at a point, hated it. His vision was to have a Geoff Tate type vocalist.

If any of you have Amazon Prime Video, "Death By Metal" is an excellent Death documentary. Very in-depth, very humbling, (and of course, very sad too).

Back