NGD: 1981 Springy Sound Tokai Single Hum

scottosan

I'm a a sucker for Japanese guitars. This one needed a little love. The volume pot shaft was broken of and the split switch is dead, but otherwise it's really resonant and it set up really well. The super distortion needs to go. I haven't decided what to put in. I also have to get gold les paul knobs to get it back to stock cosmetics
PXL_20221220_214804920~2.jpg

Ummm, if you EVER decide to sell that, please let me know. I absolutely love this. I’m a sucker for older Japanese guitars as well.

I wanted a new pickup for this guitar and decided to go away from my conventional windings and decided to go with some things I learned and did did on the Psykes but with an A5. I did a combination of a little more scattering in combination with uniform winding. Took a few tries, but I got that same low end and bouncy feel, but with the tone of alnico. It sounds massive. And just used the standard short mag. The volume taper is nice.

I wanted a new pickup for this guitar and decided to go away from my conventional windings and decided to go with some things I learned and did did on the Psykes but with an A5. I did a combination of a little more scattering in combination with uniform winding. Took a few tries, but I got that same low end and bouncy feel, but with the tone of alnico. It sounds massive. And just used the standard short mag. The volume taper is nice.

Every time you come out with a new pickup I end up building or buying a new guitar lol

bet that would sound nice in my kramer....just sayin....

Attachments

• JA5Psykes.jpg
    JA5Psykes.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 18
awesome. I really dislike jb's for some reason.
So, this one has no nasally mids, flatter upper register than the Roxy's karrang in the top end. More bounce in low mids/bottom and more gravy on the single high notes. Since my original 3 have a signature tightness and articulation, I am working on models that are warmer and fatter

Back