If You Could Resurrect an Old Amp Manufacturer??

Pearce.....never tried one, but Steve Khan (clean jazz guitarist) recorded many times and the sound was stunning. Solid state.

I had 3 Sovtek's at one point. One was a rare bare wood finished wicker grill combo, a Mig 50, and a Roccaforte modded Mig 60. Bought them for nothing and sold them for nothing. Really wish I had those back.
Get a Zinky Mofo. It’s a Mig 50 with an AC-15 clean and Tonemaster dirty.

Elmwood and Carvin.

Elmwood Modenas sounded great! Carvin, older ones, but their catalogs were the best. As a kid I would get them and just drool. warrant was endorsing, Vai, Jason B, Gilbert. It was awesome looking at just the catalogs.

Holy flashback Batman. Remember going upstairs to have him work on stuff. Modded a JMP master I had and also gave a Metal panel a master for me. Upstairs right? This was when he just had his version of the Bassman 4x10 and maybe his plexi build floating around. His Bassman was very nice. Also back when I could find JMP MV and metal panel amps for $4-500.. 😢
Saw quite a few cheesy, metal shows at the Firehouse.
Andy's upstairs shop back then was cool and funky. I was serious into blues at the time, doing slow bends and exaggerated vibrato. He dug my playing and would let me play every amp in there. So much fun. I even got to play thru Keef's stuff since Andy was amp-teching for the Stones back then. I miss that shop.

Blades...just for the cup holder mod.
Whaaaaaaaaattt?!??! Has the mighty BLADEZ fallen?!?! Say it ain’t so!! Why do I have a feeling he will execute a resurrection and come back bigger and stronger than ever before with either the DUAL cup holder, or the worlds first sentient guitar amp! He will call it, “slop arm McGee,” and it will speak just like him while using his truly unique, yet totally bizarre take on the English language. It will get to know your tone and you will no longer need any control for amp as slop arm
McGee will eq, boost, and change channels for you as you teach him songs and the parts.

Trainwreck. I also liked the Mojave. I know there was some unattractive press for them, but I'd like to have seen how the products evolved. Everything started with the old Plexi Palace and message board.
What was the Mojave unattractive press? I seem to remember something weird happening with them?

I remember the Mojave’s I’ve played all sounding dark & smooth-ish vs real Marshall’s, wasn’t a fan

Back when ultrasound studios in nyc was around they had a Roccaforte. I remember it being underwhelming compared to some of the other amps there. The Komet stood out most to me of the amps there and thankfully those are still around (just A LOT more $ these days). The Concorde model in particular was killer. It smoked the Cornford they had there (along with many other overrated “boutique” amps they had there) from what I remember

ADA. They might be making a Flanger, but...
There might not be a market for an all Analog Preamp these days, but I think they had a great piece with the original MP-1.

Madison.... just for their Solid state Prophecy amp they made for a short time. Fucking killer SS metal tones. Wish I hadn't sold mine.

Back