NAD: The BE100D has landed

SFW

Well, a month after placing my order with Sweetwater, my BE100D arrived today. Holy shit this is an amazing amp, and I am not disappointed.

13EA14B6-F85C-45C4-B498-F1FEE852F315.jpeg

^ I'd like to know too. I'm guessing a bit more relaxed and easier to play?

Congrats SFW. I'm too OCD for the Friedman offset (original Marshall) thing but it is still a thing of beauty.

Nice to hear that you like it! :yes::2thumbsup: How does it compare and/or contrast to your Splawn? Enquiring minds would like to know?:yes:
Well, I am happy to be back in the Marshall flavored world. The effects loop on the Friedman is miles better than the Splawn.

Tone wise, I they have some similarities and some differences. The BE is definitely more versatile. My Splawn was a 2005 model, which is a lot different from the current model. My QR was very aggressive on the top end, and the "clean" channel was tied to the gain channel. So, I really didn't have a clean channel. lol.. Both amps are a muscular modded Marshall vibe. The BE breaths better. With the SAT switch engaged, it definitely has a nod of Jose. Which I really like. The ability to have a crunch channel and then a fire breathing channel is super cool. I love the plexi channel. While I will most likely run it as an actual clean channel, it definitely cops that AC/DC vibe when you crank the gain knob.

The Splawn definitely had a rawer tone, but I am enjoying the more polished tone of the Friedman. My Splawn always felt like a really good amp, while the Friedman feels like a "professional" amp... if that makes sense...? Here is a short clip that I made just after getting everything setup. This is with my Les Paul CLassic loaderd with a Suhr Aldrich set. It's a poor iphone recording, but you get the idea. This thing sounds HUGE!!

How much did you pay for it? Here in Europe prices went up enormously since I bought mine.
$3,999 plus tax. This is by far the most expensive gear purchase that I have ever made. For years I said that I would never spend this much money on music gear. lol! Then I finally broke down and decided that I wanted a really good amp that would last. As far are prices go, they have been hovering around the $4k mark here in the States for as long as I can remember. This will hopefully be the last tube amp that I ever buy. Between this and my Kemper, I am completely happy with the tones that I can get.

Show me an amp sounds that good on a iPhone, and you know it slays in the room. (Cool riffing and rippin chops add to the clip for sure!)
It sounds glorious in the room! :rawk:

$3,999 plus tax. This is by far the most expensive gear purchase that I have ever made. For years I said that I would never spend this much money on music gear. lol! Then I finally broke down and decided that I wanted a really good amp that would last. As far are prices go, they have been hovering around the $4k mark here in the States for as long as I can remember. This will hopefully be the last tube amp that I ever buy. Between this and my Kemper, I am completely happy with the tones that I can get.

It sounds glorious in the room! :rawk:

Albeit expensive, a Friedman shouldn't depreciate too much in value either, I like to think of it as an excuse to justify purchasing high-end stuff. Great tone doesn't come cheap, if you truly want a glorious 3D high gain sound a good 50-100w tube amp head and 4x12 cab is the go-to and has been for a long time.

Nothing beats a cranked Friedman/high gain marshall tone especially, I hope it is inspiring your playing to the fullest!

Albeit expensive, a Friedman shouldn't depreciate too much in value either, I like to think of it as an excuse to justify purchasing high-end stuff. Great tone doesn't come cheap, if you truly want a glorious 3D high gain sound a good 50-100w tube amp head and 4x12 cab is the go-to and has been for a long time.

Nothing beats a cranked Friedman/high gain marshall tone especially, I hope it is inspiring your playing to the fullest!
It is definitely inspiring to play.

Congrats on the amp! I came close. I got the Sweetwater Notification they were in stock, but couldn't pull the trigger!

Back