New 2023 Bogner Uber Ultra

Sounds like every other video that clown makes...
Most of my forum time during the day is spent on a different forum, and he posts there quite a bit. I, too, commented once in one of his clip threads on how his clips all sound the same. Instant butthurt. Quickly cried to a mod and sent me a few choice words privately. Mod sided with me since I'd been there for over a decade. Now I just ignore his dumb clips. Why Bogner, Friedman, and Wizard put up this clown is beyond me.

I've never been into the older Ubers, but this sounds pretty damn good. That fat bottom was exactly what I didn't like before.

Most of my forum time during the day is spent on a different forum, and he posts there quite a bit. I, too, commented once in one of his clip threads on how his clips all sound the same. Instant butthurt. Quickly cried to a mod and sent me a few choice words privately. Mod sided with me since I'd been there for over a decade. Now I just ignore his dumb clips. Why Bogner, Friedman, and Wizard put up this clown is beyond me.

He quit another forum in which his only engagement was posting his shitty ass vids in a fit of rage after I told him his SLO which was for sale sounded a little boxy. Went on a whole tirade how he doesn’t play “wanna be” amps and then made a video about hate speech on the internet. Dudes a joke

I think those who aren't fans of the Bogner 'Dark/Smooth' tone might dig this amp...since it seems to get very bright/raw/open sounding. That said, I'll bet it can still cop the typical Bogner tone as well.
If it can, then it's a similar machine to the BE Deluxe that has the same ability. Good for Bogner, making an amp that seems pretty versatile tonally.

I played this amp last night. It does not lack low end by any means. We gave it some volume through a greenback loaded cab and it punched very hard. It isn't as tight in person as it sounded in the video, in my opinion. The Metamorph control will make it very fat with more low mids as it's turned up. Amp gets the rounded lows that way. Turned down it's much tighter and lean. I assume it's just dumping signal to ground before one of the stages. But I don't know that for sure. That's how it reacts from my experience.

I've never played an OG Uber so I can't compare. However, I have owned a Twin Jet. The Twin Jet was more compressed and lacked the amount of flexibility in this new one, with all the switches and boosts, etc... It doesn't have a dedicated clean channel from what I could tell. Just a "clean" setting that reduces the overall gain.

I'm not giving an opinion one way or another on how good of an amp it is. Just trying to give some perspective on some of the comments posted.

I played this amp last night. It does not lack low end by any means. We gave it some volume through a greenback loaded cab and it punched very hard. It isn't as tight in person as it sounded in the video, in my opinion. The Metamorph control will make it very fat with more low mids as it's turned up. Amp gets the rounded lows that way. Turned down it's much tighter and lean. I assume it's just dumping signal to ground before one of the stages. But I don't know that for sure. That's how it reacts from my experience.

I've never played an OG Uber so I can't compare. However, I have owned a Twin Jet. The Twin Jet was more compressed and lacked the amount of flexibility in this new one, with all the switches and boosts, etc... It doesn't have a dedicated clean channel from what I could tell. Just a "clean" setting that reduces the overall gain.

I'm not giving an opinion one way or another on how good of an amp it is. Just trying to give some perspective on some of the comments posted.
Thanks for sharing. With the presence knob does the presence shift react similar to the rev blue as to where it acts like more of a mid shift?

I can tell I would love this amp .

want it now lol

I have a plexi mode assignable to any channel and a dedicated clean on my XTC. No dedicated clean channel on a channel switcher is just a deal breaker these days. That’s unfortunate.

It’s more like a twin jet II

I wonder if he will update the effects loops of older models to this loop if we send in our amps?

Thanks for sharing. With the presence knob does the presence shift react similar to the rev blue as to where it acts like more of a mid shift?

I haven't played an original Uber so I can't directly compare. However, the switch does seem to be changing the value of the presence capacitor. Similar to going from a .1uF to .68uF. It does affect the upper midrange in one position and the higher highs in the other.

You guys make a good point.

I’ve played one of the original Ubers and the controls did seem different than with other amps. The Mid was more like Treble, the Treble was more like Presence, and the Presence was more like a Contour control, meaning it felt like a very wide-band mid EQ.

Very cool amp and I’ve always thought it would be cool to own one. I wonder if the new amp does the same kind of thing with the controls.

Back