PSVANE 12ax7s - anyone familiar with them

nightlight

Chinese manufacturer, and they have a line of high end tubes as well.

I bought four 12ax7s to try out in an amp that might be dying on me.

Anyone familiar with their tubes?

I ordered a quad of 6550's from them. One was completely fucked up when I got them. I asked for a replacement which they obliged (supposedly). Odd that the quad came from California and I received them in 4 days. The replacement has to come from China and has been 3-4 weeks already.

I ordered a quad of 6550's from them. One was completely fucked up when I got them. I asked for a replacement which they obliged (supposedly). Odd that the quad came from California and I received them in 4 days. The replacement has to come from China and has been 3-4 weeks already.
Just got a notification from eBay that the case is closed. I’m not getting a refund or a replacement tube. Tread lightly

5071A9F8-3BEE-45AA-A690-D918F03AD7C3.jpeg
5071A9F8-3BEE-45AA-A690-D918F03AD7C3.jpeg

Just got a notification from eBay that the case is closed. I’m not getting a refund or a replacement tube. Tread lightly
How can the case be closed? You received something broken.... requested the exchange through the proper channels???

Wait until the last day to provide feedback and ding them. Of course they will just get it removed.

Also, tell us who the seller was so we can avoid them.

How can the case be closed? You received something broken.... requested the exchange through the proper channels???

Wait until the last day to provide feedback and ding them. Of course they will just get it removed.

Also, tell us who the seller was so we can avoid them.
Seller is Shuguangvalve. Location is USA. Like I said they were shipped out of California until I needed a replacement. Once I asked for a replacement quad, they told me to ship them back to China 🇨🇳. I was to pay for the shipping according to them. I said I wasn’t paying for the shipping so they told me to break the defective tube, send a picture and they would send a replacement tube. I expressed concern that the single replacement would not match the rest of the quad but I was assured it would match. I broke the tube and sent the picture. I checked on it yesterday and the case was closed. Still no tube. 👎🏼

( Possibly ), they closed it out to kill paperwork and the tube ( s ) have shipped ? Why they wouldn't indicate that to you is weird. Hoping for the best outcome.

Just got a notification from eBay that the case is closed. I’m not getting a refund or a replacement tube. Tread lilightly
Well I can scratch PSVane off of my list. Sounds like their quality control is garbage.
I've had faulty tubes from other brands as well, it happens
I would have no problem ordering Psvane tubes from Amplfied parts again. If they showed up faulty I know they would either refund/or replace without hassle

I've had faulty tubes from other brands as well, it happens
I would have no problem ordering Psvane tubes from Amplfied parts again. If they showed up faulty I know they would either refund/or replace without hassle
I guess it comes down to the vendor from which you buy them, as far as the level of warranty service you're going to get ?

Right, the vendor also is the one to test each tube for strength and matching as well as packing properly for shipping
I know Friedman buys in bulk (whether we're talking about caps, resistors, diodes or tubes) so he prolly has a rejection percentage where they will take back or replace without question.

An individual buyer purchasing a matched pair or quad does not have that kind of power with a vendor/manufacturer.

You're just gonna have to choose a trusted vendor - as you said. 🤷‍♂️

My 2204 clone came loaded with them. Pres and power. Not a fan. Low output as said above. I'm still keeping them as contingencies, but I'd rather gamble with JJs than stick with PSVANE.

They likely have a warehouse in Cali that they ship from and you probably bought what they had in stock.

I've run across this multiple times in the last couple of years. Most times, they also have some sort of shipping partner agreement with the USPS, as well.

They likely have a warehouse in Cali that they ship from and you probably bought what they had in stock.

I've run across this multiple times in the last couple of years. Most times, they also have some sort of shipping partner agreement with the USPS, as well.
I still never received the replacement.

Back