New 2023 Bogner Uber Ultra

I can only imagine how many times reza has came here between feet pics to take a look at these comments. You know 100 percent he’s done it more than a few times. Someone that insecure with himself and tells everyone how great he is because he has a YouTube channel, definitely came here to look at the comments. Hi reza.
"Between feet pics" that dude was going back and forth between tabs...rippin rod.

Plenty of amps have variable NFB controls, including most Peters amps, Mezzabarba, and some others I'm not remembering off the top of my head. It's just a pot wired as a variable resistor in place of the typical fixed-value NFB resistor. Pretty easy to implement into any amp. But when a company like Bogner gives it a whacky name, suddenly it's "new" and "innovative" I guess. And no, having a variable NFB control does not negate the standard depth and presence controls. It's akin to changing the slope resistor in the tone stack. Having a variable slope resistor (which some amps have), does not negate the individual bass/mid/treble controls. Global NFB control shifts the entire amp's NFB and the the individual depth/presence still function within that shifted range.
+1
I have a couple amps with the NFB control, @RedPlated MOAB and a 5f2a clone. The NFB knob is great for dialing in how bright, open and energetic(?) an amp is. Seems to me more nfb is tame, less is more aggressive with none being almost unruly, so the happy spot is somewhere in the middle. It really comes in handy when I'm cranking that lil 5f2a. Ups the fun factor quite a bit.

Price is in the $3200 range FYI
No way in hell that is made at Bogner headquarters (aka Bogner custom shop?) for that price. Still, the B.A.D. stuff has a good reputation I‘ve heard so I wouldn’t be too concerned. Hopefully the production versions are faithful to that proto from the video and there’s no secret sauce that won’t or can’t be easily duplicated. Was there ever a mention if the proto was hand wired or had a yet to be finalized PCB design? Things like that could potentially result in a slightly different sounding mass produced production version. I’m really curious if this Ultra has the very high plate voltage the OG Uber’s had. I think that played a huge role in the insane bark the originals had.

Sounds like every clip he posts, wth is wrong with my ears. I have no dog in this fight, I had heard some of his clips a while back, friedman, modded marshall(Friedman) Fortin, etc..not sure I really understand, says the guy who never post clips. I wont say it sounds bad , I will say it sounds like everything he demos

No way in hell that is made at Bogner headquarters (aka Bogner custom shop?) for that price. Still, the B.A.D. stuff has a good reputation I‘ve heard so I wouldn’t be too concerned. Hopefully the production versions are faithful to that proto from the video and there’s no secret sauce that won’t or can’t be easily duplicated. Was there ever a mention if the proto was hand wired or had a yet to be finalized PCB design? Things like that could potentially result in a slightly different sounding mass produced production version. I’m really curious if this Ultra has the very high plate voltage the OG Uber’s had. I think that played a huge role in the insane bark the originals had.
The 20th Shiva is 2900. Doesn’t seem far fetched to me. None of their amps are made by BAD, no reason to believe they’d start now.

Back