Pickups don't change the tone

It's pretty obvious that pickups don't change the tone, especially when you make everything sound like a 5150 through V30's miced with a SM57 in post.

Besides, with his head so far up his ass I'm sure everything sounds the same to him.

The funny thing is that there was still plenty of difference even with all that gain.

It seems to me that this was a video made in reverse. Like, he wanted to "prove" that there was no difference in pickups, but then he did the experiment and found out that oops there are in fact big differences in pickup changes. But he can't just make that video because it wouldn't be angsty enough. So what does he do? He adds in a whole bunch of other, way more obvious tonal changes, and goes for the what-about-ism angle of "well pickups might make a difference BUT WHAT ABOUT DIFFERENT CABS? THEY MAKE WAY MORE DIFFERENCE HUH. So I was right, pickups aren't that important lol owned."

Yes, Glenn. Congratulations, you've discovered that there are in fact more influential parts of the rig than pickups. What's your point? Something is always more or less influential than any given thing you want to talk about. You know what's more influential than guitars, amps, cabs, pickups, and mics? Having a place to play them. So I guess I should make a video saying "guitars, amps, cabs, pickups, or even mics don't make that much of a difference in tone when you consider that if you burn your house down with all your gear in it will change your tone WAY MORE, IDIOT." to totally own the guitar playing community.

Last edited:

Proven by a 50 year old manchild who has reverted back to being a 12 year old in this video.

I was in the mood for some punishment so I listened to a few clips and I can hear the difference between the pup's which surprised me . What a complete waste of not only time but also what a complete waste of human life this chump is .

Sorry guys, pickups, tone woods, set neck, bolt on, bridge type and material, strings…none of it makes any difference. A les paul actually sounds the same as a strat and it doesn’t matter whether you’re running single coils or humbuckers, high output, low output, this or that wind blah blah blah.

It doesn’t matter. That’s The Science.

You might as well just accept Glenn’s opinion that his 2006 Schecter Hellraiser is as good as it gets and stop wasting your money on disinformation and pseudoscience.

Sorry guys, pickups, tone woods, set neck, bolt on, bridge type and material, strings…none of it makes any difference. A les paul actually sounds the same as a strat and it doesn’t matter whether you’re running single coils or humbuckers, high output, low output, this or that wind blah blah blah.

It doesn’t matter. That’s The Science.

You might as well just accept Glenn’s opinion that his 2006 Schecter Hellraiser is as good as it gets and stop wasting your money on disinformation and pseudoscience.
Yeah also his Schecter covers every musical style even tho it has active pups cuz.. Science!

Yeah also his Schecter covers every musical style even tho it has active pups cuz.. Science!
Well you know he didn’t say there’s no difference in guitar quality, as he always reminds everyone that Gibson sucks and when some retard guitarist shows up in his studio with one, he tells him to put it away and hands him the Hellraiser instead.

I stopped watching his stuff when I realized everything he's saying about tone is in a context of mega gain with mega compression.

Like no shit the stuff on the actual guitar doesn't make as much of a difference to the sound when that tiny little signal is being put through a megabeast rig set to "overkill."

Ever notice the biggest proponents of tonewoods and such are people playing through the simplest and most transparent rigs? And the biggest detractors of tonewoods and other traditional voodoo are the people running through the Space Shuttle?

Furthermore, there is so much more to gear than just the sound it produces when you slam a power chord through your rig. I'd argue feel is more important than tone - if the dynamics are off for what you're trying to play you're not going to play as well. Hence having different guitars equipped with different pickups for different jobs. And the quality of the sound itself is a factor. Every other day I have half-a-mind to rip all of the passive electronics out of my guitars and swap them for EMGs, just for the clarity, the extremely low noise floor and the buffered signal.

The guy has an unhealthy obsession with that fat dude and is giving him a platform, coming up with clickbait tiles himself, even embedding the videos for easy viewing and thus he's giving him free exposure and views as well as engagement on his channel which just helps the fat dude growing his channel further.

He's pretty much part of the problem, merely acting like an useful idiot for that dudr and that's why imbeciles like him are popular on youtube. Because people keep watching that crap. You've to be an utter moron to not realise that.

This guy doesn't fear strong innapennit wahmen guys!

I hope she sees this and gives you a crumb of pussy, new member
Strong words for some middle-aged virgin who can't talk to women, never saw a pussy in his life and has registered his account a decade after I created mine. So. I guess you can fuck right off.

I didn`t watch the video, no interest. But, does this dude really come to the conclusion that PUs don`t change tone or is it just clickbait?
Everytime I swapped PUs in one of my guitars there were huge differences, especially when changing them in low budget guitars.

I didn't click the link. Hopefully those that did have learned a lesson. This is the only way to make him go away.
I didn't even click this thread until now because the title just screams "Nonsensical clickbait". But alas I did finally cave and clicked on the thread, I guess because it keeps resurfacing. I'm not clicking that link tho.

These crazy titles are all due to the Youtube algos that tell them 'what works and what doesn't'. Look at all the James Webb Telescope TERRIFYING discoveries. Apparently adding the word TERRIFYING works and gets people to click...until it doesn't. They got me a few times, now if I see the word TERRIFYING I know to NOT click on it.

The guy has an unhealthy obsession with that fat dude and is giving him a platform, coming up with clickbait tiles himself, even embedding the videos for easy viewing and thus he's giving him free exposure and views as well as engagement on his channel which just helps the fat dude growing his channel further.

He's pretty much part of the problem, merely acting like an useful idiot for that dudr and that's why imbeciles like him are popular on youtube. Because people keep watching that crap. You've to be an utter moron to not realise that.

Strong words for some middle-aged virgin who can't talk to women, never saw a pussy in his life and has registered his account a decade after I created mine. So. I guess you can fuck right off.
Talk about a knee jerk reaction from someone who's telling others that they're obsessed with Glenn. Are you sure that you're not projecting rn?

Last edited:
Glenn is a communist that is trying to run his shit on our youth because he hates america. Fuck him and his stalin poster, faggot. Also, I wouldn't even talk to someone that looks this fucking goofy. Hes obviously a dumass, chronic masturbator.

Glenn is a communist that is trying to run his shit on our youth because he hates america. Fuck him and his stalin poster, faggot. Also, I wouldn't even talk to someone that looks this fucking goofy. Hes obviously a dumass, chronic masturbator.
He probably likes women with leg and armpit hair also. Watched one of his lives like a month ago and someone mentioned eskimos there, Glenn's reaction was to start whine and being a smartass about how you should call them inuits etc. Nowadays.

Fucking homofaggot with overgrown toenails smelling like a overweight women's rights activist.

He probably likes women with leg and armpit hair also. Watched one of his lives like a month ago and someone mentioned eskimos there, Glenn's reaction was to start whine and being a smartass about how you should call them inuits etc. Nowadays.

Fucking homofaggot with overgrown toenails smelling like a overweight women's rights activist.
These last two posts..

Fd0onNr.gif

Back