W800 wow this is an 80’s machine "clip added pg 2"

Clp45

been gassing for a w800 for a year. Finally but the bullet and ordered one. Sounded a lot different than the the you tube clips I heard. Definitely sounds like a really good 800 lots of brightness with healthy low end. The shift push pull on the treble adds a different tonal variation and the contour is really powerful on the overall tone. I’m really digging this a/b ing with my modern classic I can’t decide which one is better. They sound different from each other and own a different sonic place.

Attachments

• 1A4CC020-4598-49B7-ACE3-4D5EFAD96571.jpeg
    1A4CC020-4598-49B7-ACE3-4D5EFAD96571.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 127
Whats the Marshall cab loaded with.
I have a hand wired slant and straight. Both with blue frame scumbacks

It’s a shift on the treble. I guess Rick describe a it as a 2 way switch from us to uk. Correct me if Im wrong but it used to be a 3 way switch from us to uk to boost. The boost is there as well buts a push pull on the gain. I have an Mc 1 never played an mc 2 not sure what the treble push pull does there to compare unfortunately. To my ears pushed it’s brighter and pulled a little rounder.

It’s a shift on the treble. I guess Rick describe a it as a 2 way switch from us to uk. Correct me if Im wrong but it used to be a 3 way switch from us to uk to boost. The boost is there as well buts a push pull on the gain. I have an Mc 1 never played an mc 2 not sure what the treble push pull does there to compare unfortunately. To my ears pushed it’s brighter and pulled a little rounder.

Sound like the same stuff, just in a different format.

been gassing for a w800 for a year. Finally but the bullet and ordered one. Sounded a lot different than the the you tube clips I heard. Definitely sounds like a really good 800 lots of brightness with healthy low end. The shift push pull on the treble adds a different tonal variation and the contour is really powerful on the overall tone. I’m really digging this a/b ing with my modern classic I can’t decide which one is better. They sound different from each other and own a different sonic place.
Nice. I’ve the MCl aswell. Does the W800 have more Marshall mids compared to the MC? Less gain?

Nice. I’ve the MCl aswell. Does the W800 have more Marshall mids compared to the MC? Less gain?
There is big difference from my ears. To answer your question yes you hit it on the nail. The MC mids sound fatter and the bass is more pummeling. The w800 is more linear like an actual 800 so yes I would say it has more Marshall mids. I would say they have an equal amount of gain but the w800 may be pressed as less because the mids are more biting so it cuts through the gain more.

Congrats man! I have been going back and forth on dropping the $$$ for a Wizard and the w800 seems to be the one that is interesting me the most right now. Obviously, it sounds amazing, but I am curious on how it feels to play?

Congrats. Better to have an amp that sounds like the 80’s rather than one built by a guy pushing 80.

Back