Biggest sounding 212 you've played?

Interesting.. I attached a screen shot of both the 312 and the Splawn 412.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230103-162840.png
    Screenshot_20230103-162840.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20230103-162924.png
    Screenshot_20230103-162924.png
    194.8 KB · Views: 44
Interesting.. I attached a screen shot of both the 312 and the Splawn 412.
Right but the Landry 312 is made by stage craft, not splawn. All I know is that the stage craft guys said it's the diagonal 212 with 3 speakers. 31x31 is huge and could be boomy. Where did you find that Landry?

Oh stage craft. I'll look for it.

Where on the stage craft site did you fi d this? Maybe it is used. I don't see it but I see it in your link.
If you scroll down it says Landry 112 cab. Odd.
I just did a Google search to be honest. Maybe it's an old model.

Got a reply from stage craft:
Thanks for the note. The Black Jack 212 ST Diagonal can be special ordered with the three speaker baffle. The drivers are in a triangle configuration with two drivers at the bottom left and right and one at the top in the middle. There is a $30 additional charge for the triangle baffle.
This is the link they sent:
https://stagecraftgear.com/product/black-jack-212st-diagonal-heirloom/

Last edited:
This isn't a great photo of it, but the one on the right. I had them build it in maybe 07 or 08? They were pretty close to a full custom shop for cabs back then, not sure if that's still the case. Loaded with hellatone 60's.
splawn.jpg

I wish they were taller. I'm 6'4" and hate bending over to adjust an amp. Even my Bogner 212 is taller than the G-Flex. I think that's why I sold it. Great cab though.
Being that tall, you need 2 412 cabs stacked to adjust an amp. Haha

I‘ve been using Port City Os 2x12s for probably ten years now, great cabs...it replaced a 4x12 and I was happy with the change, but it’s been that long since I’ve played a 4x12.

ive got one at home with a pair of m75s for my plexi. My main gigging cab has a pair of neo creambacks...amazingly light! I use an Fm3/sd170 live, so using a little extra eq to smooth out the neos.

Sourmash also makes a diagonal 2x12, I may order a slant 2x12 just cause they look cool and it would fit my smallbox plexi perfectly,

Avatar sig or contemp with a k100/v30 combo. Super big and thick for a 212.
I did that with a Redback/V30, Redback/K100 and CL80/K100.
I used to use K100/V30.
Problem is this cab is too close to the ground. It's short. I hate short cabs. All they do is blast sound at your feet.
Always makes me feel like I'm playing thru a child's toy.

Last edited:
I‘ve been using Port City Os 2x12s for probably ten years now, great cabs...it replaced a 4x12 and I was happy with the change, but it’s been that long since I’ve played a 4x12.

ive got one at home with a pair of m75s for my plexi. My main gigging cab has a pair of neo creambacks...amazingly light! I use an Fm3/sd170 live, so using a little extra eq to smooth out the neos.

Sourmash also makes a diagonal 2x12, I may order a slant 2x12 just cause they look cool and it would fit my smallbox plexi perfectly,
I've had a Sourmash but it didn't stand up to my higher end cabs.

Gflex 2x12 is the biggest sounding and boomiest 2x12 I've played/owned by far. Bogner OS 2x12 sounds bigger than most other 2x12s, but I haven't sampled them all.

I’ve only had three 2x12’s:
- Mesa Boogie
- Bogner
- Splawn

The Splawn was the biggest and best sounding to me. It had a pair of Splawn Small Block speakers and everything just sounded good and full. Regret selling that.

I’ve only had three 2x12’s:
- Mesa Boogie
- Bogner
- Splawn

The Splawn was the biggest and best sounding to me. It had a pair of Splawn Small Block speakers and everything just sounded good and full. Regret selling that.
Was that the Splawn horizontal 212?

Back