Tim Henson of Polyphia: Redefining guitar

I do not need guitar redefined
Ok Boomer.
EVH/Randy R. then Yngwie then Vai.
Each time I watched a whole generation change they way they looked at rock guitar.
This Henson dude is part of the next generation taking guitar another way and inspiring young players.
The songs they play are not my cup of whiskey, but I see more and more internet kids doing this kinda stuff.
As for his looks and mannerisms, I could care less. I wore spandex and hair spray from 80-82. Who am I to judge?
And chicks loooove him big time. Androgynous stuff has always been sexy to chicks all the way back to David Bowie.
And I'll note again,any one of us that gigged during the hail metal days have to admit spandex and hair spray is feminine AF.
Again,not super into this style of music. But he can play,has his own thing going on and I can appreciate his skill set big time.
Just my opinion.

Ok Boomer.
EVH/Randy R. then Yngwie then Vai.
Each time I watched a whole generation change they way they looked at rock guitar.
This Henson dude is part of the next generation taking guitar another way and inspiring young players.
The songs they play are not my cup of whiskey, but I see more and more internet kids doing this kinda stuff.
As for his looks and mannerisms, I could care less. I wore spandex and hair spray from 80-82. Who am I to judge?
And chicks loooove him big time. Androgynous stuff has always been sexy to chicks all the way back to David Bowie.
And I'll note again,any one of us that gigged during the hail metal days have to admit spandex and hair spray is feminine AF.
Again,not super into this style of music. But he can play,has his own thing going on and I can appreciate his skill set big time.
Just my opinion.
Sounds good guy - if you want to champion the guy and listen to him all day cool. I said nothing about his appearance that I recall so I am not sure why you are bringing that up to me. I still don't need guitar redefined. I am not judging him beyond what all musicians judge for themselves in regards to what is "quality" or not. Guy can play a million miles an hour - more power to him. Doesn't sound very musical to me. Is 51 years old considered a Boomer? I thought I was Gen X.........am I missing something?

Sounds good guy - if you want to champion the guy and listen to him all day cool. I said nothing about his appearance that I recall so I am not sure why you are bringing that up to me. I still don't need guitar redefined. I am not judging him beyond what all musicians judge for themselves in regards to what is "quality" or not. Guy can play a million miles an hour - more power to him. Doesn't sound very musical to me. Is 51 years old considered a Boomer? I thought I was Gen X.........am I missing something?
You're old,dude.
So am i. Takes one to know one.
The comment was made because you "don't need guitar redefined". That's the old persons "set in your ways" mentality.
I understand it,I'm only into up tempo thrash. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate an artist that is taking it to the next level of playing.
The comments about how he looks are for other posting about judging people for following current fashion trends.
I'm not into any of this type of music either,but to say it doesn't sound musical sounds exactly like what we were told when thrash came out.

At least the dude plays the guitar. He is definitely seriously talented. I am not much of a fan of his music and especially their videos. But at least he will lead to the next generation of kids playing guitar. This generation is lost in space so the next great rock band will have to come from the next one. Henson looks like an anime character. I’ve noticed that style is extra important to kids these days. Way more so than the simpletons I hung with. Kids now have like a hundred piercings and 19 tattoos by age 13.

When I was in 7th grade I could barely brush my own teeth and my wardrobe hadn’t come close to entering my mind. I was still a bumbling retard and all I cared about was listening to Van Halen and playing baseball and skating. These kids in my neighborhood now are actually INSANE about their DRIP. It’s absolutely vital they have the latest Jordan’s and if they don’t get them it’s the end of the world. Makes sense kids are asking him where he shops. They are a lost and truly hopeless generation and nothing good or meaningful will come from it. They are so materialistic at such a young age and nothing of importance or meaning even enters their minds. It will be known as the first generation that achieved nothing artistically. I’m sure kids now will be the next great minds of tech, but art, very doubtful. They don’t see any importance or beauty in art, no appreciation. The kids in my neighborhood are obsessed with SoundCloud rap and video game techno music made by guys who make all their music from a computer who have never even touched a real instrument.

My neighbors wanted me to listen to this “dope new track.” They started the song, and the BPM’s must have been at about 700 or 800. (No joke) It felt like a hammer trying to break out of the inside of my pounding skull. I felt a tremendous sense of urgency and didn’t know why. There were high pitched video game beeping sounds mixed with sampled sirens as well as machine gun fire and men screaming in pain. I looked around and these dipshits were looking at me like, “yeah man, do you get this, ARE YOU HEARING THIS, but wait, ARE YOU ACTUALLY HEARING THIS MICHAEL? It’s soooooo DOOOPE!!” Holy shit. I had to get out of there.The kids heads were quickly bobbing in time with the machine gun beat and their heads were now a blur they moved so rapidly. I stood up and fled. These kids are a nightmare.

Last edited:
You're old,dude.
So am i. Takes one to know one.
The comment was made because you "don't need guitar redefined". That's the old persons "set in your ways" mentality.
I understand it,I'm only into up tempo thrash. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate an artist that is taking it to the next level of playing.
The comments about how he looks are for other posting about judging people for following current fashion trends.
I'm not into any of this type of music either,but to say it doesn't sound musical sounds exactly like what we were told when thrash came out.
Wow - my eyes have been opened! Appreciate it man. so much

Why are we still talking about a turtle neck in a sweater that has a turtle neck? 11 pages in??! We get it, he's an incredible player, he's fresh, he's woke looking but also shoots guns, drives cool cars, and works out with other guys who have stupid neck tattoos. Verdict is out on whether or not he pulls a lot of chicks or dudes.

Why are we still talking about a turtle neck in a sweater that has a turtle neck? 11 pages in??! We get it, he's an incredible player, he's fresh, he's woke looking but also shoots guns, drives cool cars, and works out with other guys who have stupid neck tattoos. Verdict is out on whether or not he pulls a lot of chicks or dudes.
Are you mad cause no one is talking about you & your playing? #askingforafriend

Cool. Stay stale...I mean safe...whatever.
Based on his shirt in his photo, it appears he's in Michigan. That place is filled with dudes that still think " they will make it" playing def leppard covers & claim they used to be in seduce back in the day. Michigan has always been 10 years behind & it's the land of "this is what my dad does, so this is what i do. no growth just following foot steps, can't tell where one man ends and another begins.

Tim Henson is serious fucking business apparently
You see Brad the Guitaroligst Friday ? He went off on how much he hates polyphia and they suck .he probably got more views because of it . I love the guitars of polyphia so I’m just telling you about this . So it does seem like serious business to rag on them

You see Brad the Guitaroligst Friday ? He went off on how much he hates polyphia and they suck .he probably got more views because of it . I love the guitars of polyphia so I’m just telling you about this . So it does seem like serious business to rag on them
Boomers gonna boomer.

🤷‍♂️

Didn't Brad Threaten a School board official with a Gun over The Mask Mandate in his state?

He got into some hot water over that.

I think his version omitted the "gun" part though.
I just read a few things about it, apprently he has a child on the autisim spectrum & was concerned she would not be able to see/read other peoples emotions. His Big Mistake was Bringing a gun on school grounds during a time when school shootings are on the rise. when they asked for his CCP he said it was under his seat. Then he leaves quietly & drives around back to confront the Superintendent & sees the dude leaving for the day & according to the report starts yelling at the dude. Seems someone let that divorce drive him out of his mind.

Back