Nuno N4 Guitar

I had an N4 for a few years, and really dug it, but in no way, shape or form would I pay $3600 for one. I think I sold mine here for $850 or so, about 10 years ago.

You have so many great options with that budget, I’d give it some serious thought before taking the plunge.

I had an N4 for a few years, and really dug it, but in no way, shape or form would I pay $3600 for one. I think I sold mine here for $850 or so, about 10 years ago.

You have so many great options with that budget, I’d give it some serious thought before taking the plunge.
Well, the high-end ones go from about $2,500 & up.

Plus replacing the bridge pickup.

and shipping fees

Reactions: jcj
My budget for this guitar is $3,600, so I figure that should just about cover the guitar, plus a new pickup for the bridge position.
Never had an N4, but they always caught my interest! With your budget you can get some good shit either new or used! I would just say fuck it and get a new N4! Best of luck with your search!

Although you can return it if you don't like it it's still a hefty expense to ship it back I assume . I would guess around $100.00 . I would take the risk if I really thought I'd like it . At least you will know for sure after playing it for awhile and sending it back isn't going to break you.

If it's a bucket list guitar then go for it, but be prepared it may not be what you expect since you have built it up over time.

If there is any way to play one before buying that would be the way to go. You'll know within 5 minutes of playing whether or not the guitar suits you. I have never really had any guitar grow on me, I knew almost immediately if I liked how a guitar played, felt or sounded. Pickups can be changed but you can't change how it feels and plays or resonates to you.

You either like it or you don't.

Reactions: ccn
If it's a bucket list guitar then go for it, but be prepared it may not be what you expect since you have built it up over time.

If there is any way to play one before buying that would be the way to go. You'll know within 5 minutes of playing whether or not the guitar suits you. I have never really had any guitar grow on me, I knew almost immediately if I liked how a guitar played, felt or sounded. Pickups can be changed but you can't change how it feels and plays or resonates to you.

That model is unlikely to be stocked in most music stores unfortunately . You just have to take a chance with it by ordering online and hope for the best .

Yeah, I prefer them non-floating, though the floating ones are fun, the tone suffers a bit and the tuning stability issues take away some of the fun.
I figured you had experience with them! I had to ask because I'm sure people buy a nice guitar and have no experience with a Floyd then complain about the setup because they have no clue what to do.

I mean, I guess it is a bucket list guitar for me.

I had a strat back in the late 70's and it was my first decent guitar.

If I did get a strat-style guitar again, it would be this one.

Reactions: ccn
I figured you had experience with them! I had to ask because I'm sure people buy a nice guitar and have no experience with a Floyd then complain about the setup because they have no clue what to do.
Yeah, I fought the Gibson "Vibrola" tremolo system in the 60's, the Fender strat tremolo in the 70's, the early Floyds in the 80's.

It's a real love/hate/love thing. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe you can find something used for a good price within driving distance so you can actually test drive it. Since not much is moving I imagine some sellers might actually cut a deal to move something.:dunno:

Maybe you can find something used for a good price within driving distance so you can actually test drive it. Since not much is moving I imagine some sellers might actually cut a deal to move something.:dunno:
I figure I'll wait until I see the Mark of the Beast sales start up, then I'll buy one.

Should be able to pick one up for rock bottom prices.

giphy.gif

Back