NAD Rev E chrome face

Bram576

4EC834C7-D5D3-4B6E-BEB5-B84DCDF41FD9.jpeg

I’ve wanted one of these for so damn long. Finally!

I’ll have to do a video doing it justice. The Mesa cab I have has v30s from 92. Working back on my cab micing skills since I’ve been using IRs forever since having a kiddo.

Congrats man!

Early Rectos are insanely good. Like almost unrelated in any way to a G. At least my C is.
Hell yeah, man. They’re like a different amp. Idk how Mesa hasn’t tried to jump on remaking the early recs just releasing an amp called rev C or a legit only 2C++ (I know the jp2c and mark 5 out there, JP is way closer, but still not it) just seems like a missed opportunity. It’s pretty nuts how good the early rectos can sound even without a boost.

Does this have a stock serial loop, or has it been modded to that? I can never remember when exactly they went to the parallel.

Does this have a stock serial loop, or has it been modded to that? I can never remember when exactly they went to the parallel.
Rev G was the start of the parallel loop; although I've read that some very late Rev Fs can have them, and some super early Rev Gs can have serial loops. Around #2800-#3200 serial range. My last F Triple had a Serial loop and was #2992. If I remember right.

Nice!
Congrats man! Those are phenomenal sounding amps!
I used to have a Rev E too. Ended up selling to just keep a Rev C.
What's the serial number on yours?
Late 500s. She sounds so good! I like the brightness and cut of the e’s.

How did they compare side by side?
They have the same Rectifier DNA, but the C is a bit more aggressive, with a bit more mids and grind and gain, while the E was a bit more scooped and softer sounding. But just a tiny bit. The low end on the Rev C was also a hair tighter than the more pillowy low end of the Rev E.
Here is an A/B of both:

Late 500s. She sounds so good! I like the brightness and cut of the e’s.
Mine was #0590

Also I think it was the F that had the 1meg gain pot on the red channel. Did any of the other revs have a 1meg gain pot?

They have the same Rectifier DNA, but the C is a bit more aggressive, with a bit more mids and grind and gain, while the E was a bit more scooped and softer sounding. But just a tiny bit. The low end on the Rev C was also a hair tighter than the more pillowy low end of the Rev E.
Here is an A/B of both:

Mine was #0590

Love the RevE, it sounds so rectoish

Back