I NEED TO STAY OFF THE INTERNET

BRENTrocks

So I'm chilling in my Laz-y-boy this morning, enjoying my coffee...I hop onto Guitar Center's website to see if they are running any deals. I do a search for Heritage Guitars and I filter through the new stuff and the first used piece that follows is a 2022 Custom Core H150, Artisian Aged (sells new for $4699 plus tax) and it's at a GC 2 hours from me!!! They have it listed for $2995 and it has some aftermarket pickups in it. The pickguard is missing...then I'm thinking, "is it worth the drive to check out?" Its early Saturday...ok lets do it!

I brought a couple guitars for trade bait, but that was a waste of time...lol.

So I get there, and they had the Heritage and case behind the counter for me. I take the Heritage and go into their Platinum room and plug into a 5150 half stack. I play it for a while and I go check to see what they are gonna give me on trade. I open the case and look in the storage compartment...I find the original pickups, the pickguard, COA, the box and receipt for the pickups in the guitar (Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Alnico Staple Phat Cats $500 pups!!!!)

Of course, they didn't want to give me squat for my trades...so I asked them if they could cover the sales tax on the Heritage, and they did!!!!

So I get it home and put fresh strings on it and do a setup on it. It's just like every other custom core I've played....STELLAR!!! I'm not impressed with the pickups..they will probably come out for humbuckers.

It's only 8.5 lbs. Full 50s neck. Plays like butter! The ageing is sooooo friggin cool!!! They do such a great job with these!!! More great guitars from Kalamazoo!!!

IMG_6638 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6639 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6637 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6640 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6642 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6643 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6644 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6645 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6646 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6647 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6648 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6650 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6651 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6652 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6653 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6654 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6655 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_6656 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

You always seem to score some nice guitars! I'm trying to score either a nice PRS or Les Paul soon! Hopefully, I can find something as easy as you do which I know is hard to do right now. Love your NGD's!

You always seem to score some nice guitars! I'm trying to score either a nice PRS or Les Paul soon! Hopefully, I can find something as easy as you do which I know is hard to do right now. Love your NGD's!
Thanks dude. I probably spend too much time looking at guitars on the net. But it’s my hobby. I truly love guitars. I love playing them. I love looking at them. I love fixing them. I love swapping parts on them. I love taking pictures of them.

Congrats! You do find the cool Heritage stuff. I've never seen one in person. But I know they are killer.

But, I have to ask....who in the righteous F*&k would pay 500 for a Seymour Duncan ANYTHING???? Good lord, I like a Custom for 50 bucks but 500?? I think I paid 80 for a custom shop RTM that doesn't come close to about 30 others I have now...and they were 100 at most. Lol

Back